Sign in to follow this  
cubed

how low?

yes german ebay or maybe it was uk ebay but the procust came from germany i paid £300 for mine del within 3 days

is there much difference between highsport and ak,s apart from being zinc plated? just wonderin if to go the whole hog or not??

FKs are brilliant value and unlike other cheapy coillies, they work well. The Konigsports are the bad boys to get though as they're basically Konis.

They ride superbly, tried them on a VR6 and they completely changed my opinion of coilovers as I come from the days of Avos, which were cr@p. They've come on a long way in recent years.

In my sig, mine's about -45mm and is as low as I'd go personally. I like suspension travel.

Got some H&R coilovers going on this week and the ride height will be kept the same, I just want the body control afforded by the monster Bilstein dampers the H&Rs are built around, they have massive piston rod 8) And they're application specific, unlike all the other kits which are generic, so ride quality isn't compromised.

I've lowered my C with a 60/60 Weitec Ultra GT suspension, there not to expensive to buy and good quality. The suspension was made in combination with a Eibach anti roll kit and the car react superb by cornering.

Weitec003.JPG

Weitec004.JPG

And this is the result of it.

Velgen01.JPG

Don't look at the taillights, they are already switched by the dark ones of in.pro.

just lookin at the konigsports now, unfortunatly price is gradually creepin up with those. im strugglin to justify the cost for adjustable damping??

im told the highsports are good for everyday use?

gonna have to make a decision soon! he he! :D

i had it made last night too!! mind changes like the weather!

ak,s highsports,ak,s.....aaaah!

FKs are brilliant value and unlike other cheapy coillies, they work well. The Konigsports are the bad boys to get though as they're basically Konis.

yes they are basically koni's but they dont have any of the testing or development that koni suspension has been put through. Although konigsports are very very good dont get me wrong they are still not Koni's and do not behave like Koni's... Value for money Konigsport suspension is very good but at the end of the day Koni is Koni and worth every penny

i still think AK's are the best choice unless you really want to slam it onto the ground then get highsports and if you want to be very particular with your suspension setup and have it tweeked to the exact personal choice and ride quality than think abt the konigsports.

Since riding on fully adjustable koni suspension,,, i would also adv if you are keeping yor car for a substantial amount of time and wanting to have the choice to adjust the suspension to cater for your needs and wheels, it is most def a very good idea to save up and get the real thing.

I have gone from apex springs and shocks 60mm drop (which i absolutely loved the ride quality, but wasnt low enough), to FK AK's which i also rate very highly but the rears did not sit the rim in the arch. Now i have fully adjustable koni suspension and am really happy with it has it does everything i want and more.... still have substantial amount of room to lower the car further (eventhough its on the floor) and can raise it if required.. Can play about with the dampening to suit ride comfort/prevent tyre rubbing etc. This is why i think it maybe a good idea to save your money at the present time and get the ultimate suspension, rather than get something for what suits your needs now. Basically be future proof.

Im sure KW, H&R and other top makes create an impression of Koni's,,,but i havent tried the others so i dont know, sorry

well done furks.. thats the most I ever seen you type in one post :lol:

like he said.. I'd save yr money.. Ive got fully adj's coilovers but find I dont use the damping adjustment due to being low..

goodluck.. :D

well done furks.. thats the most I ever seen you type in one post :lol:

like he said.. I'd save yr money.. Ive got fully adj's coilovers but find I dont use the damping adjustment due to being low..

goodluck.. :D

classic example has i do use my dampning adj on the back as it is also so low...so i can run it trouble free but stiffining it a lil

yes they are basically koni's but they dont have any of the testing or development that koni suspension has been put through. Although konigsports are very very good dont get me wrong they are still not Koni's and do not behave like Koni's... Value for money Konigsport suspension is very good but at the end of the day Koni is Koni and worth every penny.

True, I suppose the only Koni bit is the damper. I wonder what kind of quality/spec they are compared to their own coilovers?

i still think AK's are the best choice unless you really want to slam it onto the ground then.

There's more to it than slamming. Any old coilover will do for slammage, it's how the setup behaves when slammed that's important and you've got hardly any rear axle and wishbone arc left, so there won't be much give over tough terrain.

save up and get the real thing.

Agreed.

Now i have fully adjustable koni suspension and am really happy with it has it does everything i want and more....

They're a fine setup, good choice.

Im sure KW, H&R and other top makes create an impression of Koni's,,,but i havent tried the others so i dont know, sorry

I've heard good things about KW and I've got the H&Rs on myself, which are brilliant. The Bilstein gas pressure dampers are phenomenal and have piston rods well over twice the size of their competitors.

If you want to be really hardcore, then look no further than Ohlins or SACHS racing setups with remote resevoirs, but they're £2K +.

jus heard today KW suspension is "meant" to be a lot better than konis but the price also reflects this

all i meant by the slamming of the AK's was that their not the best if you really want to go low low

"If you want to be really hardcore, then look no further than Ohlins or SACHS racing setups with remote resevoirs, but they're £2K +." -----Forget 2k and i bet for the road they prob dont behave any better than 700-800 koni, H&R etc has obviously your are limited to what you can do and achieve on the road no matter how hardcore you are.... theres not a lot of corrado's on here that deserve or need such a treat imho

kev have u gone for the H&R comfort ??? if so i like :lol:

anything ohlins make is amazing the user friendlyness of the set up is brilliant i use them on my bikes, but yeah for road use they arent going to be effective as you have to adjust them everytime you fill up with petrol or take a passenger have a crap etc etc!!

Furks, yeah I've got the original H&Rs, which are now called comfort. Their own springs on non-adjustable Bilstein PSS dampers. They used to do those and a superlow kit, but the superlow has now been superceded with the race setup, which is basically their springs over PSS9 dampers.

I hear what you're saying about mega high end kits, but at that point it's not their effectivness over cheaper kits that's questionable, but more the car's limitations. It's an ancient platform and ohlins, PSS9s, H&R Race, SACHS race etc just won't do the car justice, they're not good enough for them in short. Setups in that price bracket have dampers you won't believe, and that's where your extra money is going.....way, way superior to cheaper kits.

Look at the Elise for example, stick some ohlins on that and the difference over the standard kit is phenomenal....basically because the elise chassis is far superior to the Corrados and it'll do them justice.

So basically I agree, there isn't any point in buying £1K + kits for a C, but not because they're no better. Leda are another top brand, but serious wedge, and they'll make anything you want.

It's all good :-)

Guys - I am really serious about dropping my car - it looks too high at the moment.

One thing that concerns me - speed bumps and sharp inclines coming out of driveways? Whats your experience - is there a safe level to drop too, where i can get as low as poss, but not have to replan every journey around sleeping coppers and pot holes.

By the way your cars are looking phat!

Mine is sitting 60mm lower and I can't say I've had too many scrapes in the last few weeks - although the corners of my colour coded splitter have deffo lost more paint and cracked more the few times I have scuffed it! If you're rfairly careful then 60's fine 8)

I was thinking of going to 45? But 60 sounds even better. Its just a couple of times i have heard my sump slam against a kerb stone when coming out of a driveway which has long since subsided - that makes me wince bad when that happens.

mines down 60mm and catches fairly regularly! i suppose it depends what the roads are like round your way, mine clips most speed humps (the narrow pointless ones where theres normally 2 side by side rather than the full road width types) and scrapes on a couple of petrol station forecourts. I've got the 90mm splitter which might make a difference... yours looks like the later 50mm one.