Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

How much are VR's really worth?

I've got a '94 VR6 which has had pretty much everything changed, engine has been completely rebuilt 15,000miles ago and goes very well. Thing is money's tight and at the right price I may have to let it go.

It's just niggling things which are getting to me with this car. Intermittent sunroof, no automatic spoiler, rattly windows when fully down, wheels could do with being refunbed, and with petrol prices I'm just feathering it around which is a waste.

What do you recon would be a reasonable price with the above problems? If all that was sorted it would be mint. It's just that I've got to draw the line.

It's midnight violet VR6, black leather interior with heated seats, standard apart from rebore, gmax suspension, cross-drilled front brakes, black samcos and a milltek exhaust.

sunroof/spoiler shouldn't be 'too' hard to fix i wouldnt have thought, and while it probably wont add thousands to the value of the car it'll deffinatly stop people being disuaded from buying, as for the rattly windows, every corrado i've been in (save for my old valver with its keep-fit windows) does the same, so its not a major flaw that'd put anyone off.

its a late car with a rebuilt engine, heated leather... quite desirable i'd say! I'd pay around the £4500-5000 mark for something like that.

Sounds alright! I'm in same position but I don't think VR prices are that high right now, maybe due to high petrol prices, but I get about 33mpg on a 50 mile run in to work, and that ain't grannying it!

I don't think VR prices are that high right now

Maybe not now but they'll get there pretty quick, for minters at any rate.

i seemed to see a lot for sale (minters or not ) which dont sell for a long time

i think the prices have dropped recently

ok a mint low mileage storm will always sell as people see them as an investment but they arent , they just drop slower than a vr6 without the badge... certainly not an investment and imo shouldnt be bought as one , buy to drive :-)

Awwww, stick with it RPMayne.... you've been one of our most tenacious members mate, would be a shame to see you throw the towel in now.

I've sorted all the issues you've listed on mine too, and believe me, it is totally worth it because the Corrado VR is a beautiful drive when working right, it really is.

I think the forum should have like one of these "house doctor" type teams that you see on TV for desperate Corrado owners, whereby a team of experts pay the suffering member a visit and fix it all up, LOL!

Ahem, as the resident doctor, I'm afraid I'm too busy at the moment. Perhaps you should call a mechanic instead, as I'm not very good with cars anyway .. :)

Maybe being abit too hasty, just that Richard Branson has stopped lending me money so readily and I've had to look into saving money. Unfortunately, and probably like most Corrado members, the car costs a fortune to keep to any reasonable standard.

House doctor would be a brilliant idea. Keep saying if I had the money I'd send it back to Karmann and get them to build it properly this time. :2gunfire:

I think it is worth rembering that the newest of our cars is over 10 years old with the oldest being 16 now!

If you get into any car that is the same age from that period you will probably be suprised how well the Corrado wears. As Kev said with an investment and a bit of work you can end up with a car that is a lot better than many of its peers today.

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred the only reason something rattles on a C is because there is a trim clip broken or missing..

I think the prices may rise on the VR6 if the top gear report is favourable in the next series which it should be.

Top Gear did a small feature a couple of series ago on the VR6 C which co-insided with me trying to buy one at about the same time. After that i found it was very hard to find a good VR6 C and the good ones were v high in value.

So wait till Autumn or whenever the next series is then release your C onto the public then for a good price!

By the time the top gear report comes out petrol will probably be about £1.50/litre and the thirsty VR will probably put people off. Robbing b**tards, do roughly 100 miles a week now. Dropped from about 300 during the days of finding the longest route everywhere to have a spirited drive. Thinking VW might be going the wrong way with the big cc engines like the 3.6. If you can afford to run that you may aswell buy a Porsche.