Sign in to follow this  
designrob

What is this part?

Can anyone help me identify what this part is called and maybe the part no.? It was bent after a small accident where a car drove into the side of me and pushed me into a fence, the insurance company repaired it but not to a very good standard! So I want to replace it.

If anyone has a second hand one they want to sell give me a shout!

Cheers for your help.

On a mk2 Golf it would be the lower grill rail but unfortunatly, on a Corrado, that is part of the slam panel, new ones are several hundred pounds so would advise e second hand one or just see if a decent bodyshop can repair it (looks repairable from the pic)

Thanks for the help chaps. Really appreciated.

kevhaywire and Supercharged

- £580!!!! Think I will get a second hand one.

- Ive already had a bodyshop try and fix it as it was bent when i bought the car! But they seem unable to do a decent job!

Andy

-Thanx for finding that link, I will email the guy 2day.

Corradowales

-Looks good mate, but how would I get it from wales as im based in brighton?

-Think it might mean a trip to wales!!!! will pm u.

I know that the holes for the grill in some of them are different, but I don't know if that's the only thing.

Thanks Dinkus. I may take Corradowale's item if Designrob passes as mine is not 100%.

I Could do with some reassurance that a 93 16v panel will subsitute for a 94 VR6 though. Anyone?

The VR6 one IS different to the 4 cylinder ones as the radiator mounting points are in a different place. I don't know about the late valver (having never worked on one) but from what I remember about Phat's conversion it's the same as a late model G60 one, but different from the VR6 one in that it's not got some of the holes you will need and has some holes that you won't need...

Basically what I'm saying is that you need a VR6 one for a VR6 and any 4 cylinder one for a 4 cylinder car as long as it's the same generation as your car (ie early or late)