Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

The rarest car I've seen is a Corrado with a working sunroof, but that's probably been said already :-)

Even rarer too one with a working sunroof and a working rear spoiler! :?

How about a Corrado where the trim covering the centre console doesn't lift up and sit flush with the gear knob surround? :mad: Man that bugs me

BMW 2002 turbo last week at work - I think it's the Warehouse or Parts Managers car

White with the stripes!

The racing ones had 400+ bhp over 20 years ago!

I saw an M6 yesterday also which I'm sure will get more common

Not quite sure how rare it is but ive seen a convertible toyota celica. Not the newer ones but the model before that, hardly recognised it without the roof. Anyone know about these?

Not quite sure how rare it is but ive seen a convertible toyota celica. Not the newer ones but the model before that, hardly recognised it without the roof. Anyone know about these?

yip that is indeed a rarity....damn ugly but still very rare in the UK....mid-late 80's Celica i'm assuming you mean?.....

a few common cars in the past that have now slipped into rarity are

MG Metro & Montego turbo

MG Maestro turbo(rare enough new)

Bluebird ZX turbo

Sylvia turbo

XR2

XR3

mk1/2 Astra GT/E's

plenty more that were all the rage and now they've gotten rarer and rarer

vr6storm, can't say I'm sad to see any of those disappear into the pages of history to be honest!

Yep, theres a black one local to me, its a grey import. Many years ago when I was in the motor trade we modified a Scorpion stainless exhaust for the hard top model to fit it.

30's? Duesemberg (think thats how it's spelt) in haynes museum. Awesome piece of kit but needs 454 chevy motor under the hood and slamin on the floor.

Saw one car in the states when i was real young that was the only one left in the world. The guy was trying to rebuild it looking at old photos of others.

1936 Ford roadster

Saw a RHD!!!! 37 Cord on a trailer at a show once. It was hangin as you can see on this site.

http://andysaunderskustoms.freeservers. ... ord812.htm

The rarest car I've seen is a Corrado with a working sunroof, but that's probably been said already :-)

Even rarer too one with a working sunroof and a working rear spoiler! :?

Greased mine up on sunday they are still both working as new TOUCH WOOD

vr6storm, can't say I'm sad to see any of those disappear into the pages of history to be honest!

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

oh, how about a Hebmuller VW Beetle Convertable? Only a handful ever built and only one known left in existence today...

An original Ford Gulf GT40, its kept down the road to where I work.

and

A brand spanking new Bentley Arnage, so far only 5 been made and not in production yet.

We had it to play with for 2 weeks, it looked a bit max power as it was painted Audi RS blue, just didn't look right.

Saw a Ferrari Dino in Padinton a couple of years ago.

Yup, I was behind one in a petrol station a few months ago. No mirrors or reverse lights :shock: !

Was in a food place not long ago and all I seen through the windows was this green thing floating past, I could only see the roof so me and my mates ran out to find it was a Murcielago!

Caught the glimpse of a corvette too :cool:

Thought I'd resurrect this one with the car below - I really wanted one of these when they were current

i went in the prototype of the aston martin lagonda when i was a kid in the 70s. thats got to be pretty rare. it was (and still is) like a space ship.

also went in the prototype of the virage (!!!) when i was a bit older.

i used to live 2 doors from the guy who used to drive astons into brick walls before they invented crash test dummies :)

what a job!