Sign in to follow this  
andy318is

Sent the wrong size ZW1's asked for 8.5's but..:-(

...for the front but actually got 8's I think :( spoke to the supplier and he said that its just the casting size BUT the thing that gets me is the fact the rears are stamped correctly (9.5) but the rears are stamped as 8.0 :(

I'm running 215/35 on the fronts and tbh there not as stretched as I was hoping being an 8.0 that would answer the problem..

What do you think guys, I really could do with some help on this one.... :cry: what are your 8.5 zw1's stamped with?????

Thanks for any help fellas :)

FRONT

Front8.jpg

REAR

Rear9.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

dont want to be the bearer of bad tidings mate but 215's on an 17x8 at the front WILL rub (assuming you have a corrado and not a 318is! ;))

dont want to be the bearer of bad tidings mate but 215's on an 17x8 at the front WILL rub (assuming you have a corrado and not a 318is! ;))

sorry mate, these are going on a BM tbh no one on any BM forums no anything about fittings on RH or anything :(

ah, sorry didnt see the 35, just read '215' and alarm bells rang! :lol:

I'm pretty sure my AG's were stamped up like your (possible) 8" fronts, different rim but I expect RH's stamps all follow the same pattern.

ET60 8s are usually for conversion with adapters. I take it you've got some adapters to convert from 5x112 to 5x120? If 8s are defo ET60.

I shouldn't worry about it, if they're all mint, keep em as an extra half inch will barely make any (visual) difference.

ET60 8s are usually for conversion with adapters. I take it you've got some adapters to convert from 5x112 to 5x120? If 8s are defo ET60.

I shouldn't worry about it, if they're all mint, keep em as an extra half inch will barely make any (visual) difference.

yup, I do have all the neccessary adaptors and bolts. Tbh they dont really fill the archs and dont have as much lip/dish as I'd wanted so I really do want the 8.5's :(

Plus I've paid for 8.5's!

Send them back then!

I'm just waiting on RH and my supplier to get back to me, I was just hoping for some with an 8.5 ZW1 to clarify if their rims have 8.0 or 8.5 stamped on the back :(

try giving style dynamix a ring, just be cheeky and see if they know since they stock RH rims and were super helpful when i bough my AG's

try giving style dynamix a ring, just be cheeky and see if they know since they stock RH rims and were super helpful when i bough my AG's

LOL I tried SD for a quotation when I was first looking around, 8.5 & 9.5's they that 9.5's weren't avaible, tried DT Motorsport (who I actually ended up buying them from) as they are the official importer of RH and they could get 9.5's for me 8) so I'm not sure if SD could help me much that much tbh

Hasn't A20 Lee got 8.5s on the front of his?

yes he has 8) I dropped him a pm this morning, dont think he's been online just yet

You could always get a ruler out?

LOL - thats what I was thinking!

LOL I've done that but tbh I cant get a definate accurate measurement as they've had the tyres mounted :roll:

For that matter, why is anything any color at all? In the last Science Theatre column on why snow is white, we said that the light we see things with from the sun, from our light bulbs is called white light and can be broken down into the colors in the rainbow in order of their wavelengths.

The snow is white because all the colors are reflected and refracted equally without any color range dominating.

This is not so when white light hits objects which we don’t see as white or gray.

Most objects tend to reflect only some of the light falling on them. The light contains all of the colors, but the objects reflects selected colors and absorbs the rest.

This is called "subtractive color mixing" because some of the colors are subtracted out of the light.

Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green.

Indeed, very true.... just stay away from photons - it just messes with your head! On the wheels subject you do realise that the less stretched a tyre is the safer and potentially better it will handle..

Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green.

LOL, what a load of horse shit. It's green cause it's green.

BMW driver's don't indicate, because, err, they don't indicate.