Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

CorradoVR6-n.o.s's VR6 Turbo,,now sold :(

thinking about getting a set for mine...

What supsension set up do you have now?

inc the first pictures you posted before lowing?

The suspension is Koni Top adjustables,springs are spax,its the same set up now ive just cut off a few links of the springs.

I'm going coil over route at some point when I have more funds,quite honest these wheels might be up for sale soon as im after a different set.

To much cleaning for my liking,im after a polished dished rim with black centre... 8)

:thumbleft:

a clean VR... see you've gone back to OE grill...

Yea didn't like the debagged grill... :roll:

Just got my supercharger kit and after work I fitted it,took a couple pics on my phone as I forgot the Digi :oops:

Been running,just to finish off tomorrow...bed time.

you lucky lucky man, gotta get mine charged this year. why did i get a joint account :cry: i think she would notice 2 grand missing from there. how long did it take to fit??

Nice one mate, that part of the engine bay looks considerably better with a charger in it! What's the run in period?

Good work James, you don't hang about do you? :D

Got a txt from the GF bout an hour ago, i think mine arrived this morning. I'm like an excited little schoolboy waiting for 5pm to arrive! Afraid mine won't be fittied quite as quickly as yours, got a few bits to sort on the car before i do. Goes for it's MOT on weds!!

Steve

Cheers Peeps,finished it off today tiding things up and making it bling 8) Spilt fuel on my newly painted rocker covers and stained them ...bugger.

Was not to impressed with the fitting of the charger,had to trim the side of the head to allow clearance for bracket to mount charger to fit,space out idler pulley like Kev did to line up properly :x

But it should be worth it in the end,going to run it like Miss Daisy for 500 miles under 3000 RPM

In the mean time im getting smaller pulley,uprated fuel pump and make up a Charge cooler kit...after all that then I will get it down to Vince for the mapping.

Love the whistle/metallic noise they make :twisted:

Was not to impressed with the fitting of the charger,had to trim the side of the head to allow clearance for bracket to mount charger to fit,space out idler pulley like Kev did to line up properly :x

In the mean time im getting smaller pulley,uprated fuel pump and make up a Charge cooler kit...after all that then I will get it down to Vince for the mapping. :twisted:

Never known the head to need trimming - maybe you got an odd head, james? 8)

when I got the pulleys made, i reduced the size of the boss by 0.8mm so the belt now lines up - i'll by trying the smaller pulleys on chris's car so we should be able to establish roughly what psi you'll get dependant on DIA. As you know, i have spare pulleys as well.

Lol..yes ive got a odd head :lol: We had to trim Chris's head as well when that was fitted and that was a few year back ! :?

I noticed the pulley was sitting offset,towards the head and the wider belt if fitted would not run true! There is allot of stuff in the kit not thought out properly :roll:

Paul,when you fitted your charger did you notice a light rattle/chatter from the charger when you were running it in?

I've put 60 miles on it and the chatter is becoming less frequent,its nothing catching on the body,just wondered if the gearbox of the charger does this?

yep - its noisy initially to a degree that i thought it was faulty but this is totally common - you're right about the kits - not exactly great fit and things like the belt alignment should be easy - mines spot on now after i dimmed th pulley myself - not hard really is it.. ;)

Well done chap!! 8)

My bracket went straight on mate, but I had to Dremel VR6's head when I fitted his. Seems not all VR head castings are the same, VW, tsk :roll:

Yeah the idler does need spacing out quite a lot. Did you use the 7PKK 1360 belt as advised or the supplied 6PK1365? If you use the 7 rib belt, you will need space the idler out even more :lol:

Tighten the belt until you hear the PAS pump bearigs groan and then back it off slightly, defo get the 7 rib belt tho as those 6 rib Goodyear ones are flipping terrible.

Keep an eye on the top oil feed union, both mine and VR6's leaked. The only way I could cure it was to sand the blue anodising off and then it sealed a treat.

Good work and enjoy :wink:

I'm glad you said that as it takes a load off my mind as I thought it was faulty ,cant wait to get it all sorted,I will pop around after work sometime,cheers Paul :thumb right:

Kev,im using the stock belt for now whilst running-in,ive got no software so cant rev it so the belt will be fine for now.

The oil feed line is total Cr*p its got no clamps ether end,ive used hose clips as temporay messure and i am having a braided one made up.Fingers crossed leak free !

James you don't want hose clamps on the oil feed because the unions are barbed, they won't come off, trust me. All your doing with clamps is cutting the rubber into the barbs. The mocal is exactly the same, they're designed specifically to not use clamps.