Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

CorradoVR6-n.o.s's VR6 Turbo,,now sold :(

Tried to buy most of my bits from ATP last night but there was a error and my delivery address did not match my card holders address,when they do match ! :mad: I tried six times with no joy !

Said F*ck it and I will e-mail them to find out the problem,so this morning I got a call from my bank saying if I had used my card last night because I had 6 transactions on my card all authorized and one declined ! So it was close to 10k !!!!

So I said decline them all besides one :lol: unless somebody wants to buy a turbo vr kits :-P

I got the same problem when I ordered from ATP too..... so also thought f'ck it and got the parts I needed from the UK instead.

It was down to the noise of the charger and the constant belt adjustment to stop slip due to the pulley size i was running and the fact the power was to linear and i like the torque of the turbo low down.

I could not get any more decant power out of the charger as Kev said before that the VF is a bit to small for the VR6.

I want to hit the 400 bhp mark,with the VF that would not be possible.

I'm feeling a little behind here but then again after driving my C I'm very happy with it. I know what you mean about the noise but my G60 had it's noises too.

Mine is going to be mapped on the 29 and hoping for that magic 300+bhp. Fingersd crossed.

I enjoyed my charger while i had it,you will to Will, if you get 11psi at the throttle then you will hit the 300 bhp with 290 ft/lb like me mate!

What size pulley you running? I was running a 45mm pulley!!

Got 99% of all my parts yesterday,came from ATP in two days and i got charged no customs charge !!!!!

Look at this bad boy !!! GT35/40R

Is that a bigger compressor than the wires turbo?

James thats Awesome, what power do hope to get

Over the 400 whp when the DTA and 3 litre bottom end arrives :twisted:

That will take a while,but im hoping to have the same power i had before while i save for the bits above...cant wait :p

yip,and a diff...yip,and bigger brakes yip,and 4wd....:lol:

Im saving for those bits ,but for now the OEM box will have to make do with 300bhp.

LSD is a must but at the moment i have no traction issues with the charger power,but im sure i will with the extra surge in torque from the turbo..?!

Just have to do it progressivley,but i should have the head off and turbo fitted by next weekend,got more 3" pipe and a silencer so its going to stop at the back axel and face down to the ground as the 3" pipe wont clear the axel.

All fun..

savage! some transformation over the course of the year! keep posting a few videos up as you go - and good luck - sure its very exciting!

More updates,went into work today(thats where the car is) and decided to lift the head off and do the spacer gasket,4 hours later and its all done and running again...ish.

Started to stripp

DSCN0379.jpg

Still looks good...

DSCN0381.jpg

Head all cleaned up,did not take much as it was only off 1500miles ago :lol:

DSCN0382.jpg

Standard MK4 head gasket,ready to dismantle.

DSCN0383-1.jpg

There you have it,MK4 split in three,discard the middle layer and add the spacer.

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

Ready for the head.

DSCN0386.jpg

Once the head was back on i noticed the spacer gasket has moved the cams back a bit,about half a tooth.

DSCN0387.jpg

Back up and running...

DSCN0394.jpg

Then i ofered up the Turbo manifold and Turbo to check for clearance,its tight but it does go on...just :lol:

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

Checking the waistgate and how much clearance i will have when the fab work starts on the downpipe.

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

next update will be during the week when i will be starting the downpipe. :twisted:

Nice one James, I wish mine had gone that smoothly. Guess your timing chains are OK then!

If you haven't done already check the manifold stud faces (on the cast side, under the nuts / washers). Kev stripped some head studs because they arn't machined flat, just cast. It puts side load on the studs and rips them out.

Mine was the same, it's gone to a machine shop to be milled parallel.

Snug for the downpipe ain't it :|

That metal gasket just doesn't seem right, no seal or anything, but I guess it works.

The gasket is working for now,but time will tell,Kev ran his like that for a while with no problems and I know of others running that spacer so it must be good?

Just make sure its 100% clean before assembly.

I know what you mean about the stud faces not machined flat,I read that in your thread and am going to send it off for machining,just in case.

I had done my chains and guides when I bought the car so I did not have to go down that road again!

The downpipe looks fun :lol:

You just waiting on your ARP bolts and its assembly time... :twisted:

Cant wait to fire her up!!

Cheers

P.S this was my top guide at 73K!!

topguide.jpg