Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

CorradoVR6-n.o.s's VR6 Turbo,,now sold :(

:shock:

Didnt expect that. Sorry you've lost your job James.

Be a real shame if you sell it, I doubt many people will finish it to the standard that you would of.

I wish it was as easy as that Paul,but I have no money to spend or finish off the corrado.

I'm using savings to live and that's the last thing I want to do as its for the future house.

Even when I've used all my saving for the house I wont have any money for the car for some time,so it will hang about in its unfinished state.

Its money sitting outside and is the "sensible" thing to do at this time,I do fancy something newer and better on the fuel.

I run two cars and its all cost,would like to have one nice daily car.

It will go this time,its just a car.

Thanks again.

i bet that was a very very hard decision James :( i bet you could make some money from this forum, offering your mechanical skills?? i for one, would let you loose doing anything on my car. as i put ya in the top 10 mechanicaly minded guys on here. :wink:

karl

Thanks Karl,that's good of you to say that :wink:

It wasn't that hard of a decision to be honest,its the best thing to do at the moment.

I can...sorry I will build another one in the future,but maybe MK4 VR turbo or something like that,who knows?

Thanks Karl.

Absolutely gutted for you mate... I've a friend who wants a 'Rado, and has disposable income, I'll see if I can talk him into it.

Really 500hp capable?? Blimey.

Nooooooooooo need. Bad luck there dude.

Well hope you get the money it deserves, a quality VR if ever I've seen one.

Lets hope you get a job sorted quickly so you can get that house you're after.

Don't feel gutted for me! I made the decision without thinking to hard about it,will do the turbo vr again... :wink:

Hope I get a house soon as the folks are doing my head in :lol:

Rat poison or arson...problem sorted. Get to keep the Raddo and inherit substantial fundsn :lol: .......Sorry!! just popped into my head.

if a house is your priority mate, sod it, go get it no matter what. Hope you get good money for the C.

Shit James, bad luck about the job. Like a few have already said, a man with your skills should find work.

I know a guy who went self-employed after loosing his job. Bought a van and setup as a mobile mechanic. He's never looked back. Just an idea?

It's a long time ago now (me being old and all :lol: ) but when the missus and I bought our first place, the mortgage was a big struggle at first. Vivid memories of raiding the penny jar to buy some food. We gave up pretty much everything that wasn't critical to living. But it gets easier after a few years, then you can start playing again.

Don't you even think about giving up on the forum though :)

Thanks Dave,don't worry I will always be on the forum like I have been for the last 4 years! :lol:

Everybody says I should go self employed,but I just don't want to its just not for me.

Work laid me off for a poor reason,to keep it short I got stabbed in the back,its a doggy dog world working for big corporate companies.

You make no friends just enemies.

It will be hard to start off with and selling the car is a small part,its just a car I can do one in a few years time when money allows.

I'm enjoying the time off work,catching up with little odd jobs,going to the pictures and catching up with mates,its not that bad! :lol:

Cheers

i would have bought this off you if i knew you were going to sell it!! just spent near 6k to buy my golf VR6 and spending another 4k on fixing up my 16vG60 corrado!! could have killed 2 birds with one stone so to speak....

It's true then.... a friend asked me the other day if I knew the owner of a green Corrado VR6 turbo that's for sale on E38.....I thought, no it couldn't be, not AGAIN.....but yep, you are!!!

Nutter :lol:

But needs must, best of luck with your future.

It's been fascinating watching your turbo build come together so fast!!

yes...again! but if some one comes up with the cash its gone for defo!

Just been asked by golf + if my car could be "car of the month" in there classified section all for free!

Well that was not the feature spread I was after :lol:

But in the back of my mind in that small place im hoping it wont sell...:wink:

Oh and ive got a new job...wehay!!!!!

Just great eh! Just beginning to have fun with your time off and somebody gives you a job. Only kidding James :lol:

Nice one!

:lol: yea im getting used to this time off!

Fixed the running fault on the raddo,it was the lambda that went down! Strange this as its 3 month old VAG one and i haven't filled up with fuel from tesco ha ha !

Taxed it aswell to give it a drive around as im board! went to VW to return the probe and the parts lad who always gives me good discount always wants to know what ive done to the VR so this time i took him out for a spin,ive never seen someone scream like that when I nailed it :lol:

He said he has never been a car that fast before and all of the VAG range now seem piss slow,that put a smile on face.

He got out and was shaking from the run out ha ha !!

Fun and games... :D

The parts guy at my local dealer couldn't believe what I was up to with my VR. I said I'd give him a ride in it when it's done, maybe I'll get a bit more discount!

Not a lot in the current VAG lineup that'll match a VR6T, even with only a bar of boost. Dont think the Passat R36 is more that 300hp? Although if it's wet.......no chance :lol: