Sign in to follow this  
logicaltuning

options

REEEET, hoepfully you lot will be able to give me your advice

do i

a. keep the corrado and build it as a road legal track car as i intended

b. sell the corrado and get a bike as i used to ride and its sssooooo much fun.

problems are

i aint got a liscence for the bike but my instructor and i were very annoyed at the reason i failed.*not leaving my foot down long enough at a stop sign*

to turn the corrado into a nurburgring monster i need to spend ALOT of cash in the brakes, suspension etc etc

plus i really dont want to touch the corrado as its great the way it is.

annnnnd the corrado annoys the tits off me if i use it as an everyday car (which im doing atm as my rovers popped its headgasket)

the basic cut a long story short is - a bikes always gonna be faster than a modded 15 year old car, but is it worth it in your eyes,.........

I failed one of my bike tests for being "too confident", feckin retired police general w@nker of a tester I had.

Yeah I've heard about the foot down thing, they're a lot pickier with riders than they are drivers....but your life is easier to lose on a bike though, so you'll thank them for their fussiness in the end.

How about a bike AND a Corrado?

Using a 15 year old car daily for work will have it's frustrations....go easy on it, would you enter a 15 year old dog into a Greyhound race?!

Personally I think Cs make good track cars but prepping anything as dedicated track weapon is costly, especially if has to be trailored to the track due to massively aggressive geometry and impractical ride heights.

cant advise ....must have both ..........ahhhh !!!!

i failed my first bike test :-( a road had recently been resurfaced and covered with those chippings , it had temporary 15mph speed limit signs

so i slowed to 15mph ....WRONG !!

i was told ... those signs are advisory you should have stayed at the 30mph limit to make the correct progress :cry:

cant advise ....must have both ..........ahhhh !!!!

i failed my first bike test :-( a road had recently been resurfaced and covered with those chippings , it had temporary 15mph speed limit signs

so i slowed to 15mph ....WRONG !!

i was told ... those signs are advisory you should have stayed at the 30mph limit to make the correct progress :cry:

That's well harsh.

If it was MY decision, I'd keep the Corrado and track it, only because I don't trust myself on a bike. You could make it look as mean as this guy's, people who are up the road from me...it's a weapon.

yea hbut the point is - to turn it into that corrado is mega money

as you said the other day £3k for a steering wheel

with mine, i could sell it for £2k and that buys a bloody good bike, like my dads ZZR 1100 kawasaki, 150bhp and comfotable enough to ride all over the place.

Sounds like you have already made a decision and are leaning towards the bike.

You could do the 'rado over a period of time and some of the greatest gains will be made by stripping all the excess crap out of it.

i bought last years ghostrider so i could get entered into the draw at the nec to win his black gixxer thou

i didnt win :-(

Well for the record, a bike will be faster, depending on what bike of course!

A bike wont corner as quick as a car, and the ring is a lot of corners :lol:

if it were my choice i would be doing the corrado with suspension brakes......oh wait i am doing that already :lol:

but i would make that call as i would be at the very least in hospital if i had a bike

Don't buy a bike, because you'll die and someone you perhaps don't like very much will end up with your eyes :lol:

Keep the 'rado and mod the hell out of it :evil:

I would of bought it off you if it wasn't Pearl Green 16v 2.0 with 110,000 milliage, the only thing that put me off is that its Green, im not into green. lol but its all good hope u get ur finel verdict on wat u want to do :)

Do the rado up mate.

Bikes are so dangerous, its not you that you have to watch, its the 80 yr old in the metro doin somethin stupid can can/will cost you your life.

I live not far from the 'cat and fiddle' which is a notorious bikers route near buxton and loads of bikers get killed.

hmm y'all make bikes sound like a deathwish , yes they are very dangerous but unless you ride you will never understand the attraction , i'm sorry but you really to be a biker to understand and then offer an opinion

hmm y'all make bikes sound like a deathwish , yes they are very dangerous but unless you ride you will never understand the attraction , i'm sorry but you really to be a biker to understand and then offer an opinion

I cant speak for others, but I completely see the attraction in a big sports bike. However, after being involved in a fairly nasty bike accident, I'd never ride one. I was pillion on my stepdads bike a few years back, when a BT van pulled out on us and threw us both over the handlebars. I crushed my stepdads shoulder and put him out of work for nearly a year - he still cant lift his arm above shoulder height. He also broke his leg and had massive bruises everywhere.

I messed up my lower spine and suffer from constant back pain. It's not terrible, but feels like someones pushing their fingers into your spine. I'm used to it now, but can't lift heavy stuff, or spend too long fixing/cleaning the car.

Since then i've not been on another bike, and my stepdad will only ride on his own.

So i do understand the attraction, but will stick with four wheels thanks!

you sort of understand the attraction but not being a rider it isnt the same , thats probably the difference between you and your stepdad and that the difference i was talking about

even after that he still rides and yet you wont pillion

(wouldnt like to pillion myself tbh, i like to be in control)

my dads been hit and run once, nearly killed a couple of other times by idiot drivers but he wont stay off his bike, he hates cars and detests public transport. i think gixxer is deffo right that you have to be a biker to understand

I had a nasty fall few year back putting a handle bar thought my thigh,yet I still love bikes.

But I sold my fireblade last year due to the lack of time to ride it and the amount of traffic on the roads when you have a nice day.

Why not keep the rado get a cheap 250 two stroke and vent your anger on some track days instead of trying to avoid lamp posts and cow sh*t on the roads ! :lol:

When I was a teenager I ahd an Aprilla RS 125, was the quickest thing I could get at that age and it could shift alright. Some guy pulled out in front of me one day when I was doing about 30mph, scared the crap out of me, my shoulder was fcuked for about a month and he had a huge dent in his car. They are much more exciting then cars but too dangerous for my liking, it's the other drivers you have to watch out for, as was mentioned.

Bikes are a lot of fun, i want one. If money is a problem then you may find your self cutting corners when converting the C and not getting the pleasure from it that you want, and there will always be someone out there faster then you. If you really want speed then go for the bike, but for all the Corrado's lack of practicallity a bike is going to be much worse. Save up and do them both properly-both can wait though.

Get a supercharged Atom? Silly performance of a bike, with the (relative) safety of a metal box around you and 4 wheels...