Sign in to follow this  
jay w

Hello

Hello I am thinking of buying a Corrado soon (Well once I sold the 300zx TT).

I really looking for some pointers on the G60 and VR6 I read some stuff on the net but like to here more for people on this forum what thay like to drive, run, what to look out for..

I probably not the 1st or last person to ask this so I say sorry now :oops:

Jay

best starting point is the buyers guide, it'll tell you most of what you want to know in terms of what to look out for. http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5124

Other than that the best advice has always been to drive a couple of examples of each and see what you prefer since the g60 and vr6 have fairly different engine characteristics.

i just went through the whole g60 or vr6 thing..although i just sold my mk2 golf g60 so I was a little more fimiliar with the g60..they are 2 different cars....i fell in love with the refinment of the vr and i was tired of listening to a blower all day long...just my 2cents

Thanks people, well I know what I be reading tonight.!

I have to keep a eye out for the next south east meet..

Jay

Hello and welcome,

Don't buy the first one you see.

Don't be scarred of high mileage on either the VR or the G60 as long as you have reciepts for timing chains on the VR and a charger rebuild on the G60.

I would also look to budget to get most of the suspension bushes and dampers + springs replaced as well. You will definately notice the difference in the ride and handling, there are plenty of threads covering these topics.

Not trying to put you off getting a C more letting you know what you may be in for and what is worth doing to get the best out of the car, or already added to the car/s you are looking at.

just a note on g60's....if you see a rebuild reciept from jabbasport, dont trust the charger as a few of us have had probs with under 10k miles on them

g werks and pitstop both come on here and can take of any charger work you need

I think storms are proabably worth it, jsut depends on the example you see. Mines for sale at the mo, depends what your budget is tho I guess.

Right printed off the buying guide time to have a good read..

I must say I think I well go for a VR, but I do like the idea of G60 for the supercharge novelty if you no what I mean.

I well have up to 5k to spend. I guess its time to test drive both 8)

Plus just like to say thanks for the pointers and for everyone being friendly too.

Jay

Well it looks like I got a buyer for the 300 :cry: So I should be looking for a G60 or VR in a weeks time :D

:D Jay

I think as soon as you climb up on a VR and hear that V6 symphony, you'll be sold!! That's what clinched it for me. Just the way the note changes into a howl when you step on it! :D

P.S. A good Storm is worth every penny :wink:

Well people I have yes yes I have got a Corrado VR6.... Took a bit of a round about way of getting one (like selling the 300zx and getting a S2....) but the S2 was sold last night and I won a bid on a black VR needs some bits sorting but she drives great..

Jay