Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

Peeps, this here threadarooney is for posting pics of our ride height drops to help people choose the suspension kit and height that's right for them 8)

You often get the questions, "which coilovers?", "how low do I go?" etc but there hasn't been - until now - a central resource of several cars with different kits and drops. Hopefully this reference will give you some idea, visually, of what to expect.

What I'd like from you good fellows is:-

A side on pic of your car

Make and model of suspension kit

Actual drop, measure from the floor to the arch. Quoted manufacuter drop is usually a rough estimate, measuring this way gives you the precise drop.

I'll start the ball rolling with my 94 VR6:-

Pic 1 - Standard - Front & Rear around the 67cm mark IIRC.

Pic 2 - Koni TAs and H&R springs, JOM lowering caps - Front 63cm, Rear 62.5cm

Pic 3 - H&R coilovers - Front 59cm, Rear 60cm.

My preference is Pic 3, which is the more balanced look imo and doesn't scrape on anything except multistorey carpark ramps, where the front 90mm spoiler scuffs slightly.

here is mine ...

-65mm on the spring platforms. unfortunatly i can no longer measure the height from the floor to the top of the arch as i cut it up... :lol:

fk konigsport coilovers.

57cm from floor to center of each wheel arch.

and the difference another 1/4" made on the front (front pic):shock:

Riley, you need to measure from the centre of the wheel arch to the floor so a good bench mark can be achieved...

my passat is 575mm / 22.5" from the floor to the centre of the front arch..(off topic a bit i know :wink:)

Cheers peeps, keep em coming and yeah, as G man says.... :-) Not being anal, it's just a better, more accurate and universal measurement ;-)

FK Konigsport Coilovers 8) Ive just been out and measured under the security light :lol:

Front and rear both 56cm so down by about 110mm

ohh i like this thread... a much happier place to visit...

ooops read the top before posting crap. :wink:

JBOB, side on view , it's all good though, keep em coming :-) 56cm looks seriously low my man, you're braver than me!

:lol: Sorry couldnt find one, but The one I have found is not that good :oops:

Here's mine, on Konig Silverline-X

Pic 1 = Standard 4x4 ride height

Pic 2 = Just after coilovers fitted -50mm back and front

Pic 3 = As above, but on Speedo's

Pic 4 = -50mm at the back, -35mm at the front

Current height is as pic 4. Too many bumps around here... :wink:

Joe, edit your post with the ground to arch (centre of the arc) measurement when you get the chance please mate ;-) Looking good on the 15s... they look just right when lowered 8) And you have the lightest 15" wheel of the entire Corrado range, I loved the way mine drove on Solitudes :-)

Thanks for the compliment :lol:

My original measurement was from the centre of the wheel to the center of the wheelarch, but I'll go outside now with the tape measure :wink:

*EDIT*

Hmm... I dont think my measurement is too accurate, as the car is on a bit of a slope. I've read 59.5cm rear & 58cm at the front - sounds a bit low when I look at your figures Kev :?

I'll re-do it when I'm parked level

Ah yeah that's the ticket fella! Sheesh, I can't believe your 3cm drop over mine looks so low!! Love those wheels, what are they?

Compomotive rl 8) 17"x7" they are a real pain in the **** to keep clean though :lol:

joebloggsVR69, that's a well balanced looking C mate, good work. I measured mine (the suspension drop that is) constantly over a fortnight to check for settle and it's defo 59 at the front and 60 at the back, I like the slight nose down stance 8)

JBOB, ah the Compos, lovely rims. I'd rather clean those than my pesky BBSs!!

Haven't got a Rado at the moment but your C's looking stunning Kev but is there some reason you're not in the last two? Perhaps your Rado is ageing better :lol:

fk coilovers on the original 15's 195/50/15

front is 56.5 cm and rears are 58.5 (thats with a quarter tank of gas) and it has the 50mm splitter to make life easy.

i'm amazed what little difference there is in the measurements yet the visible ride heights vary immensely !!

cheers

paul :wink:

aye,dont wanna sound like an ass :lol:

but thats why i measured from wheel center to wheel arch,diffarent sized wheels/tyres will give strange results when measured to the floor. . .