Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

i can get full lock both ways, catches slightly on the inner wings if i hold lock on, ive had 4 in the car and it didnt catch at all, so i could go a few more mm on the back. not as bad a ride as i thought it would be.

how comes the majority of the cars that are low are 4 cyl's

lol I wonder why.. maybe the VR sums too low??? :lol:

Ok just measured mine....

Rear - 340mm from hub to arch, 630mm from floor to arch

Front - 315mm from hub to arch, 580mm from floor to arch

Something is definetly wrong as this was meant to be a 40mm drop all round. Looks like he sold me 65mm front instead of the 40mm... so has to go back. 65mm ground clearence at the front just isn't enough for me (moving to Austria with all the nice snow)

Ok just measured mine....

Rear - 340mm from hub to arch, 630mm from floor to arch

Front - 315mm from hub to arch, 580mm from floor to arch

Something is definetly wrong as this was meant to be a 40mm drop all round. Looks like he sold me 65mm front instead of the 40mm... so has to go back. 65mm ground clearence at the front just isn't enough for me (moving to Austria with all the nice snow)

do you have any pictures ?

Bally, you wanna get them slags out the back

:lol: the cows dont want to leave.. :lol:

It rubs on bumpy roads.. all good fun :D

hasnt stopped Lee, for example

the majority of the vr owners are wimps? that must be it!

My sump scares the shit out of me.

Mine is probably about 40-50mm lowered and smashed a sump on normal roads, and the shocks are wound up to hard.

Maybe it's bad luck, maybe all the low vr's just aint driven as hard mine...

Well not as much help as i'd hoped, despite the straight forward guidelines there seems to be little usable info. At present with FK Konigsport coilovers and 7.5x17 ET33 205/40R17 tyres i'm just about under 60cm at the front and 61cm at rear. There are no issues at present with arch rubbing or ground clearance. I'm hoping to loose perhaps a further 10-15mm, anyone any experience of this sort of height and any issues?

hasnt stopped Lee, for example

the majority of the vr owners are wimps? that must be it!

My sump scares the **** out of me.

Mine is probably about 40-50mm lowered and smashed a sump on normal roads, and the shocks are wound up to hard.

Maybe it's bad luck, maybe all the low vr's just aint driven as hard mine...

ill take a pic of my sump tomorrow :wink:

OSV, just do it and see what happens mate,, its the only way,,, if you dont like it jus wind it up till you do.... personally if i owned your car i would drop the front slightly with the black rims, leave it has it is on the silver ones

ill take a pic of my sump tomorrow :wink:

I done my second sump within 2 weeks of putting it on. Had scrapes on it after only a couple of days.

Yeh, my thoughts really, needs to be lower to sit right on the black rims and they are bound to need arch work as they are wider

i'm just about under 60cm at the front and 61cm at rear. There are no issues at present with arch rubbing or ground clearance. I'm hoping to loose perhaps a further 10-15mm, anyone any experience of this sort of height and any issues?

Yep, mine is 59cm at the front and 60 at the rear, no rubbing or clearance issues at all (7.5x16 ET 35, 205/45/16), arches untocuched.

The 90mm spoiler does very occasionally scuff steep speed humps, but only on the underside of it where you can't see the scratches from above.

Seems to be pretty spot on for daily usability, for me at least on my cack roads.