Sign in to follow this  
Trig

trig's 94 OBD2 VR6 - New Wheels!!!! (...finally)

Thanks mate, yep the speedies are staying for the time being. I do eventualy want to change them but because they are in such good nick it'd be a shame to take them off!

I was the same about colour, didn't want a green car, was after black or grey. Even when I picked it up I wasn't completely satisfied.. but it's grown on me a lot and I don't think i'd change it for anything else now. :)

maybe black? only joking. it's a lovely colour - and i'm not generally a green fan (well not THAT sort of green anyway) ;)

do you think 30mm drop with the H&R springs is enough? i'm trying to decide what suspension to get

Is it 30mm..? I wasn't sure if it was 30 or 40. Idealy I would like it slightly lower, maybe 50mm but it will probably drop another 10mm over time and I could get some lowering caps which is another 10/15mm.

I wanted a good setup that I could afford and really good coilovers are just too much for me at the moment. I wouldn't want to sell myself short my getting something crap just because its height ajustable. Not to say that the Koni/H&R was cheap mind you but the ride & handling is awesome, plus the height is a lot better than stock.

If you can aford it and being low is important then go for a nice set of coilies, konigsports at the least, H&R's would be nice - kev reckons they are good. The feel probably wont be much better though.

If I eventually get a set of 17's (or 16's) I would definately like to lower her a bit more but right now she's looking good on the 15's.

i was thinking of coilies to go down about 50mm but it's not really possible unless i go with bigger wheels. i'll be forever scraping the floor. i'm thinking konigsports and a 40mm drop and then i can go bigger wheels when i'm minted at some stage and drop it further :)

He charged kev £500 I believe, so someting like that. He's sorted out some of the problem solving etc. whilst doing kev's though so maybe quicker. I'm budgeting for £500 though!

I still need the TB, which I may be geting off GermanCustoms. Selling of all my old parts should cover the costs of my new parts though so really i'm just payng the labour. :)

New pictures taken earlier today, some at the Royal Cornwall Show ground.. others in my driveway! First time i've taken her out in 10 days, get her all waxed up and drove 5 minutes and got 3 waves/thumbs!

Took LOADS of pictures today and could have posted up another 10 nice ones, but i'll leave them for a rainy day! :)

Thanks for the offer but i've bought most of the OBD2 stuff now so its too late! Out of interest is it a CP code one do you know? Dunno what came in the Storms...

Thanks for the offer but i've bought most of the OBD2 stuff now so its too late! Out of interest is it a CP code one do you know? Dunno what came in the Storms...

no idea,the year the storms came out came with the built in immobiliser i believe?

Cheers boys, next on the list after OBD2 is 288mm's & new wheels. Really need to get a job first though... :oops:

Fair play, it's not my favourite colour, but it's a very nice example. Perfect rideheight and wheels in my eyes.

really like your C you've done alot quickly i've only had my C coming on for 3months now and im saving up for a service with darren from g-werks then i will start modding her!

regarding the rear wiper motor are you going to fill it over and then paint or are you just goin to leave plug there also how did you disconnect/stop the rear washer jet? keep going trigger

Thanks guys, Walesy: were my car taxed at the mo i'd come pick you up for a drive (I have nothing better to do) but it isn't so you're out of luck :) I just drive it over the bypass once a week.

iow_corrado_g60, that is a sparkly white C in your sig :)

I'm not going to smooth the wiper hole over properly at the moment, maybe never. Dunno how much it'd cost but i've got other stuff to save up for at the moment! The black plug looks fine IMO.

The rear washer jet was a tricky procedue of screwing a screw into the tube! Haven't actually tested it to see if water comes out though! ;)

Walesy: were my car taxed at the mo i'd come pick you up for a drive (I have nothing better to do) but it isn't so you're out of luck I just drive it over the bypass once a week.

GET A JOB then... :lol: :wink:

I hadn't realised how close we were actually, I think it's only 10-15 mins from here! I expect i'll spot you around when you get it taxed and on the road.

I am trying - these foreigners keep taking them all! ;) Yep 15mins is about right, have you got a job yet?

Cnut, that's another thing on the list, need to get one off eBay...

I recommend not testing it, I just took the hose off and let it sit there, never pushed the lever again and I havent had any leaks yet. one day I am going to jerry rig something so that the flow of the washer fluid sprays onto the intercooler. =-)