Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Need a Video of the VR6 Corrado being put through its paces.

Got a keen track fan who owns a 200sx S14a and cant understand why I would want to buy a VR6 Corrado to replace the 200... he says its driven through the wrong wheels and is a 'scrabble machine'....

I've told him he obviously hasnt driven a Corrado yet but he wants some evidence... :lol:

Any takers... ?

show him phatvr6's video... its a 4wd r32 powered corrado but he needn't be told that ;)

link?

Not many people choose Corrados for track cars. Too heavy and front wheel drive ... (He has a point there..)

Depends how you set it up. Most, if not all of the BTCC cars are FWD. RWD doesn't automatically assume better handling. The Honda Integra type R has the same weight bias as the C VR6, as does the Fiat 20V coupe and I don't often hear people complaining about their handing.

This is true. The fast circuits, in some respects, give a slight advantage to the FWD crowd.

But for slow, tight circuits you've really gotta drive the back wheels.

Depends how you set it up. Most, if not all of the BTCC cars are FWD. RWD doesn't automatically assume better handling. The Honda Integra type R has the same weight bias as the C VR6, as does the Fiat 20V coupe and I don't often hear people complaining about their handing.

You make a good point there Kev - will mention the BTCC thing as thats good ammo :lol: (he is a BIG track fan)

honda is a damn sight lighter,

If you want a fast reliable FWD coupe buy an integra type R as it is the best you can get,, LSD standard and phenominal handling,, they are awesome,,

honda is a damn sight lighter,

If you want a fast reliable FWD coupe buy an integra type R as it is the best you can get,, LSD standard and phenominal handling,, they are awesome,,

But integra's are bean cans!

a corrado is a quite capable track car, they are heavy but they handle very very well.

with a diff and a suspension upgrade, even a 1.8 16v can be some propper fun :twisted:

Well I know you lot might not believe this but I swear this is true.

Driving around bored about the dual carriage way an integra (were they only made in typre-r's?) come booting up behind me so I play with it a little, he had head starts on roundabouts cos i got bad back bushes so i had to go slow, coming up on rounadbout onto dual carriageway a car got in the right lane so we were stuck behind it in third gear doing about 75-85 then when this car got outta the way we both went for it, hell yea he pulled away from me, but to my suprise he didnt "blow" me away, when i hit just over 130 i decided to slow down i think he hit over 140 by the looks of it (mind you like i said before im on bad back bushes so car wont perform to fullest) and still when we went for a couple of other times on the dual carriageway he was pulling away from me but not to a huge extent...and I SWEAR that is the truth.

i know how good both of them are, and the integra runs rings round a raddo even in standard form,, dont get me wrong i love my raddos but the integra is streets ahead of it,,,

you can get an integra SI we have one of those too about 170 brake,,

or even a basic integra as an import with less power than that,,

even a vr6 is no match for a standard integra type r,,,

the supercharged integra type r I built has 260 bhp,, with a shed load of torque to go with it,,, :evil:

i know how good both of them are, and the integra runs rings round a raddo even in standard form,, dont get me wrong i love my raddos but the integra is streets ahead of it,,,

Speed-wise, aren't the 0-60 about the same on both the cars? And is the Integra really that much better than the Rado in handling, I know it's better, but "streets ahead" better? You sure you aren't exaggerating?

Integras are streets ahead handling wise mainly due to the more modern suspension set up. Im pretty sure they have double wishbones all round, a much better setup for handling than the mcpherson struts and solid rear axle of a corrado.

Straight line speed with a standard corrado vr theres nothing in it.

Integras are streets ahead handling wise mainly due to the more modern suspension set up. Im pretty sure they have double wishbones all round, a much better setup for handling than the mcpherson struts and solid rear axle of a corrado.

Straight line speed with a standard corrado vr theres nothing in it.

What about the older Integras? Ie, about the same age as the Rado?

The 2 integra type r's in this country are the DC2 and the DC5. I think the DC2 must have came out just after the corrado vr and the DC5 is the one thats out now. Theres a bit of debate on the Honda forums over which is the better handling but both are streets ahead of a Corrado.

I also think the double wishbones were only on the DC2, the DC5 went back to mcpherson struts.

Theres a bit of debate on the Honda forums over which is the better handling but both are streets ahead of a Corrado.

Not strictly true - the DC5 is argued to handle much better, the debate is whether the more aggressive punch from the DC2's 1.8 engine allied to the less controlled feel is more fun to drive than the more refined (but much more powerful) later 2.0 model. To add my two-pennuth (and I've said this often before) I love my VR but I truly regret having to sell my DC5. 220bhp (before playing with chips, intake, zorst, etc), six proper gears (imo the best gearbox around today), torque-biased lsd, brembos, recaros, etc, etc, all as standard - handling to die for, speed and power to beat an Evo VIII in the wet on twisty roads, eighteen months of absolute reliability, and looks that get envious looks wherever it goes... Oh I miss her :cry: Still, on the upside, even with the mods my VR cost about half as much to buy :wink: