Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

What you know about the Supra

Hello

I am currently trying to find a good replacement for my Corrado ( a VERY difficult task if you ever had to do it!!) and I am interested in the UK supra TT. Does anyone know about these? Are they as much of a dog to handle in the wet as some people have told me? I guess MPG is going to be pretty bad but anyone know how bad?

Any views welcome (and if you have any ideas for cars to replace the Corrado)

Thats a lot of power to keep on the road mate. My 200sx was a b*stard in the wet, but as long as your careful then theyre fine.

In the dry - Very quick!!! Nice car too ;)

I don't know much about them, but there's a white one with white wheels in the town where I live and I know I like it....a lot :)

Know this may not exactly be what you're looking for but my replacements (real world) for the C ....

TVR Tuscan

Porker 911

Maybe a scooby or an Evo but as I've never driven one, these are long-shots

Obviously these are pretty expensive so I know it's not immediately possible!

My mate has just got a TT supra imported from japan, not bad but not my cup of tea!!

Pretty quick (limited to 112mph tho!) VERY cramped interior, TINY boot, Drinks loads of juice and HAS to be run on optimax!! He has had it about 2 months and he is thinking about getting rid of it already!!

The traction control keeps everything sensible in the wet, however it much more fun when you turn it off!!

Dont go jap, its not big or clever!!

Jap is pretty good I would say, and I have had loads of German cars.But I would say a 270bhp Nissan 200 S14A like Scott has would be more then a viable alternative to a VR.

my mate just sold this
How much did it sell for in the end? (if you don't mind me asking). I notice the reserve wasn't met at the auction price.

i thought about the nissan 200sx a while back but was told there a bit of a tyre shredder, i've been recently looking at rx7s,s3s and the 2.7 bi turbo s4 love the look of the rx7 but i think i'll end up going for the s4 depending on the insurance

samm_cvr6 i reckon i could have a bit of fun with nearly 300bhp 4wd twin turbo power,luxury and performance(showing my age when i start thinking about luxurys and comforts)

of course my 2nd choice is the rx7

it is most definitley fast, no doubt there, but a bit numb/cut off from it all thats all, still, dont get me wrong, its a very nice car alright. get it remapped and should be even more interesting...........

How much did it sell for in the end? (if you don't mind me asking). I notice the reserve wasn't met at the auction price.

he got £3.5k for it..the first person to see it just handed the cash straight over, it was a hell of alot of car for the money.

it was a hell of alot of car for the money

I'd have to agree there! I wouldn't be entirely truthful if I said I'd never considered one myself.

I wouldn't be entirely truthful if I said I'd never considered one myself.

LOL..yeah fair play to the thing..it's good fun when that turbo kicks in...the noise from it was far to much for me...it backfires now and then and it sounds like an atom bomb!...its not the most inconspicuous ((sp)) of cars :D

Bizzarly, the guy that bought it turned up from London in a lowered white Scirrocco on Borbet C's!..been into dubs all his life and fancied a 200sx all of a sudden!.

that forum link that was posted on the first page is your best stop to find out about supras. 2 cars that i noticed people were buying after a corrado are: s3s and integras.

personally i would have an integra without question if the corrado wasn't around.

Thank you for all the info, I think the Supra would probably be to much to run. The 200sx is a nice car but the insurance costs are ridiculous as to many lax power readers buying them and writing them off.

S3 are nice and looked at them but can only afford the early style ones. Intergras are nice to but dont like the look of them and only really in white...

Ive been thinking for over a month and no closer...

theres loads of threads on this tbh - other options were s3, itr, leon cupra, scooby, s4, various older bmws, mr2...

budget dictates a lot. the corrado despite its looks etc is a compromise car - got comfort (some;)), space, power and handling - if thats what you want, then you soon knock off alternatives.

Hmmm, S4 is very good but hardly a fun car, that S14 200 looks nice, but it ain't the late Touring Spec one.....

It is mate. The Touring spec is the 6 disc changer, a/c and leather interior. I think you are getting confused with the face lift model, which has a more aggressive look, which is actually the s14a. The s14 and s14a came in standard spec and touring, Ive had one of each, and they are great cars.

The 200sx is a nice car but the insurance costs are ridiculous as to many lax power readers buying them and writing them off.

ui only paid £50 more for my 200 than my VR. Id definitely recommend test driving one before you right it off mate.