Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

Sticking trim back on?

For some reason my delightful boyfriend is at home pulling bits of trim off the VR. :roll:

Anyway, what do we stick it back on with?? VW will only supply sticky pads with a new bit of trim.

you could cut the number plate sticky pads to size.....bit crude.......or go to a decent DIY store and get heavy duty double sided tape

I got a roll of stuff specificaly for sticking bits of trim on with from hellfrauds...

its probebly the same stuff that you can get in a DIY shop but more expensive tho... :D

Lol @ dazzyvr6.

He doesn't have a job right now so while I'm hard at work earning the money (or reading the forum) he gets bored at home and starts taking things apart!!

Like Corrado Wales says- Halfords do a specific trim tape- its about 2mm thick so it has a bit of give, and as long as you prep the surfaces welll (which I am sure you will) it never, ever comes off!

Cheers

Along the same subject (and I know this has been talked about before) but whats the best way to get the trim & all the sticky gubbins off?

As blackcat's delightful boyfriend is ripping their trim off atm I just thought I could get some useful up to date tricks and techniques, the search comes up with a number of methods which only seem to be half effective. :wink:

Use a hair dryer to heat up the sticky stuff and then it should loosen enough to pull it off. If it's badging once heated get a credit card behind it to gently prize it off.

They take the strips off the PVW Corrado in the A20 Lee issue. Typically enough I can't find it at this moment but they use a drill with some kind of buffer/soap wheel to get the adhesive off. I'll post more when it turns up (unless someone beats me to it!)

Cheers

im currently having a nightmare trying to get mine off. the bottom layer of adhesive just wont budge, i have some autoglym tar remover but it does nothing :(

Plus the paint under it seems to have corroded a small amount so i might just put them back on lol