Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

A happy Stealth customer

Had a good result at Stealth on Friday, an hours worth of Rolling road tuning time and I'm a happy customer.

My new block is just getting run in so I thought I'd get it properly set up, here's the results:

2.0 block with ported and polished head and manifolds and standard 1.8 cams, 175bhp 153lbft and 138bhp at the wheels. :D

That is certainly not a figure to be sniffed at considering how much people rave about Renault getting 182BHP out of their 2.0 16v engines.

Very nice indeed :)

That is certainly not a figure to be sniffed at considering how much people rave about Renault getting 182BHP out of their 2.0 16v engines.

Very nice indeed :)

Quite! But don't forget the Renault engine has variable timing and a much more advanced management system to aid getting that figure ;-) It's not a refined motor though, unlike the valver, which in my opinion is one of the best 16v valvers ever made.

is that a std exhaust manifold on your vehicle?

yep, just internally polished, exchange from TSR. I also reckon higher lift cams would give another 5-10bhp peak but at the expense of torque and general driveability, OK for a lighter golf but not what I want in the Corrado. Standard K-jet with a slightly adjusted Warm Up Regulator.

David.

I think a 4 branch would fatten up your torque curve nicely

a set of 268/270 cams would liberate a few more ponies - without the expense of losing low down grunt.

cams will cost you about 450 - a manifold prob around 180 - call Grantmotorsport in Bristol

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the two manifolds.

a set of 268/270 cams would liberate a few more ponies - without the expense of losing low down grunt.

I had Schrick 268/276 cams in mine for about one month, but couldn't get decent power out of them. Now back to KR spec, IMHO a very good set up for every day fast road use.

I've driven one of the Clio Sport 182 its powerful but very uncontrollable in that chasis, the variable timing does give it a nice punch, but drive it in rain and its all over the place.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the two manifolds.

I had Schrick 268/276 cams in mine for about one month, but couldn't get decent power out of them. Now back to KR spec, IMHO a very good set up for every day fast road use.[/quote:d2f6c]

In my KR - which had a FB manifold and a set of mild road cams - 268/270 - plus a g flowed head - my Goof managed a helathy 176 bhp with a almost horizontal 155ft lb torque curve.

I'm surprised you didn't feel it much increase in grunt - maybe it's the C's hefty bulk?

I gained 10bhp and 10lbft from a pair of kent 1602r`s on my 1.8, took it up to 165bhp at Stealth, also the torque came in 1k rpm earlier.

Good results!