Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

opinions on this passat?

appologies to Huw if hes using this forum, but I just like some views on this passat... Here.

Its a 1.8 20vt which has been revo'd to 200bhp, 19" audi rims and a 30mm drop on the way. Suitible replacment for the VR considering the fact i'll be a family man soon(ish)?

The owner used to have scruffy's black bahn branner g60 and wants to get back into the corrado fold.

will look good with a 30mm drop, can't say i am a fan of those wheels they have always just looked to bid on any car i have seen, not bad step at all.

TBH sorry, but i'm not digging that colour at all...and not too keen on the wheels either,i'm sure they'll l ook better once it's been dropped though. the engines bloody appealing though..mmmmm 20vt..mmmmm

Like it - would look better in silver but its pretty subtle.

Am I the only person who doesn't like the 20VT - yes it can produce a lot of power but ts rough and characterless - one of the main reason I sold my Leon Cupra was the nasty engine

yeah i'm trying to find out what the colour is, I think its 'terracotta' or something simular, the RAC site has the car down as being Orange! :? It'll stand out at work amongst the multiple grey/blue/black passats people have as company cars here at work.

I kinda like the wheels, they'll definatly look better when its lowered a touch, but Ideally I'd like a set of rims like g-man and OSV have on their passats, the old a8 bin-lids! at the end of the day, rims can be changed.

I think the Passat repsonds well to some subtle tweaks. Wife has got the same wheels (18" though) on her Audi Cab, definitley a wheel that divides opinion, she knew the safer bet was a set of RS4's but she decided to take a risk

aye, the owner said he spent just over £400 on tyres :? think I might make the move to 17's fairly rapidly if I swap with him :lol:

Busted :p :D

Tyres weigh in at £110 each fitted at my local tyre place. I rang VW and the colour is 'gold orange metallic', Audi call it 'colorado red'.

I recon its really nice and you should go for it. personally :oops:

Hehe. The colour is more red when you see it in proper light :) The girlfriend's got a corrado 16v so I never left the corrado fold really.

I was on the motorway last week and a dark grey one came up behind me and zoomed past, they still look awesome :) Thought to myself 'go on, just one more..'

great looking motor - really feeling the passat vibe and 20vt too, schweet.

think it would look good colour coding it also

hope it works out

Lippy

yeah, just been trying out some photoshops of it colour-coded and attempting to give it a 30mm drop (hard to judge!) colour coding didnt work as well as I thought it would, although it might look better in real life.

Dont color code it. I tried it (cost me at least £100 to try it), it didn't look as good as it does with the strips believe it or not. The Americans are importing Euro rub strips to put on their cars because theirs are all color coded!!

Cheers Lippy, your £100 is on its way 8)

ffs, just to throw a large oily spanner in the works... the missus has decided passats are 'boring' and a grandad car (no offence passat owners!), in otherwords, she doesnt like it. Now I know what you're thinking... so what?! but shes got to live with it aswell so I've got to take her seriously :lol: She did go to the extent of finding an alternative though, mk3 golf's are 'quite nice' in her estimations so this might be an about face. I guess on the positive side I would get to keep the RH's and stick them on a golf...

Pfft, show her pictures of Daz' Passat and then ask her again if they're grandad cars... :lol:

In fairness, that Mk4 is quite pimpin' tho Jim...

Dont color code it. I tried it (cost me at least £100 to try it), it didn't look as good as it does with the strips believe it or not. The Americans are importing Euro rub strips to put on their cars because theirs are all color coded!!

Cheers Lippy, your £100 is on its way 8)

colour coding looks good on the late facelift cars, as they have a chrome strip too, don't think you can get them for the early bumpers though.

Pfft, show her pictures of Daz' Passat and then ask her again if they're grandad cars...

true, but realistically I wont ever be able to get one to that stage :(

nope, passats beyond consideration now, i think its going to be a mk3 golf but TBH its battering my head thinking about it! I dont really want to get rid of the vr6, but purely for how much its costing me to run, and how much I'll need to run a baby (heh and i thought the stealers were expensive - HOW MUCH for a pram?!) I cant justify or afford it. I'm going to sort the niggles out with it over the next couple of months then stick it up for sale.