Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Milltek or Powerflow

L&G

Need a new exhaust on my Corrado, read the extensive discussion about the various brands etc

Which would you choose

- Milltek

- Powerflow

placing an order this afternoon, both should be the same price - just want fit and forget quality and decent sound.

Longlife Custom System - similar price much better quality IMHO.

However Darren at g-werks is now offering replacement SS exhaust systems

Have you seen the g-werks ones mate?...may be worth enquiring .

I've found it's better to get a custom made exhaust fitted to your car as you then don't have problems with bad fitting.

At the risk of turning this into another ' what exhaust ' thread...is there a Longlife near you?...awesome exhausts.

So, you read the definitive exhausts thread and you still need to ask another question? Use the definitive exhausts thread! :-P

dr_mat, obviously i do :D

the definitive exhaust thread does not seem to come up with a definitive answer

That is not the point of the definitive exhaust thread. The point is to present facts and allow you to make your own mind up!

If you cannot make your own mind up, perhaps you should flip a coin!? ;)

custom exhausts are only as good as the person that makes them,the off the shelf items are all made exactly the same so the fit is exactly the same(as long as they are fiited right)

LOL..to get a deffinative anwer, you'd have to have EVERY type of exhaust on the same car , and keep them all on there for a while to see how they do... :lol:

custom exhausts are only as good as the person that makes them,the off the shelf items are all made exactly the same so the fit is exactly the same(as long as they are fiited right)

Yeah...very true, but at least you don't get the old..." its not my fault..its their's " typa thing...if you buy an exhaust then take it to an independant fitter there's more risk of a bad fit than if you take it to somewhere that make their own exhaust up in my humble opinion. :D

add to more confusion, got a milltek fitted and sounds and looks great! fitted by jmr so a top job! heard powerflow are only as good as the branch thats fitting them! be good to ask anyone whose been there and get there opinion! expect most are good!

Soz to confuse things. difficult choice hey :brickwall:

the thing from the "definitive thread" is that fitting does seem to vary. thats why I would like a local fitter so I can go an knock his door down if there is a problem!

hence the reason Milltek or Pflow as they can both be intalled within 10miles by "reputable" :?: companies. e.g. Awesome GTI and Powerflow dealer

Nearest Longlife are based in leads, 40 odd miles away and Stealth sell and fit Milltek over 50 miles away.

Note that everyone who's complained about Milltek exhausts drives a late car. The above testamonial for a G60 is for a completely different exhaust ...

Fair enough. Didnt realise there was such a difference! Then guess im one of the lucky ones to be able to have such a decent system :thumb right:

ok

gone for a Milltek, fitted by Awesome GTi for £300 quid all in.

Hopefully, won't have any problems, if I do they are still local.

Thanks to everyone's input, it is appreciated.

See you around

Andrew

I have a powerflow system on mine and it really is top notch... have a look in here

EDIT: DOH! must remember to read page 2 before posting... hope the miltek's ok ;)

For what it's worth, I had a Milltek Sports cat (100 cell - standard = 400 cell)fitted to the VR last week and the quality and fit of it were exemplary, absolutely flawless.

Granted I didn't get on with my VR Milltek system but overall the company do make some good products. For some reason we've had a few problems with VR systems. Have a look at a MK4 or Audi based Milltek and the quality is again, amazing, compared to the Corrado systems. I have no idea why.

ive got a powerflow custom exhuast fitted to my g60, works fantastic. although can get a bit of a drone at certain rpms, but i suppose you get that with any exhaust, sometimes. anyway it works fine IMO.

Note that everyone who's complained about Milltek exhausts drives a late car. The above testamonial for a G60 is for a completely different exhaust ...

Afraid not, My TDI (early G60) still has the G60 system fitted and altho it looks ok from the outside, I've had endless problems with it touching the rear axle and going thru rubbers, when I was at Stealth last month Vince showed me why the fit was so poor and how much stress is being put on the downpipe... bassically the middle box sits too low down and the fitters put a bit of rubber pipe around the axle to dampen the vibration (lol) as they couldn't fix the poor factory fitment...