Sign in to follow this  
Anton

RadWeld ?

I have a pin hole radiator leak (Stone Chip?) and it as been suggested that I put in radweld however I am nevouse what they would do to my VR6 engine.

What do you think ?

You can use a raw egg in an emergency :wink:

Seriously, saw them do it on Mythbusters on Discovery channel :lol:

Their car ran fine for ages (they were trying to see how much it would take)

I would be very reluctant about putting something that turns into solid goo into your coolant system :?

I recently had a hole in my radiator that I patched up very successfully with JB-Weld which is a metal putty stuff that sets rock hard - so just patch it up from the outside and let it set. Halfords sell it and it's pretty cheap.

Otherwise, it's new radiator time really - I'm not sure about the 16v ones, but the VR one is £128 from GSF :( It's not too much more from VAG though and you'll get all the plastic elbow joints with it as well ;)

You can use a raw egg in an emergency :wink:

Seriously, saw them do it on Mythbusters on Discovery channel :lol:

Their car ran fine for ages (they were trying to see how much it would take)

I'm ashamed to say I once "fixed" a mk2 golf's leaky heater matrix that way :cry:

I'd gone through the hassle of ripping the dash out once before on that car, once was enough :lol:

Ive used it on my own forklift as a temporary measure and i must say that it is pretty good stuff

Got the stuff to rebuild the water pump now (coz not sure if the rad weld will take kindly to anti freeze)??

I`d never let radweld anywhere near my engine. Rather try a self tapping screw and a fibre washer as a `get you home` bodge.

I recently had a hole in my radiator that I patched up very successfully with JB-Weld which is a metal putty stuff that sets rock hard - so just patch it up from the outside and let it set. Halfords sell it and it's pretty cheap.

Yup, JB-Weld works a treat on fixing rads, fixed my mate's E36 M3 that way

I thought that was you offering your 'manly' services for his water pump for a sec there... then I realised it was just me being an idiot :lol:

Does anyone know what radweld looks like? I think someone has used it in my golf once upon a time. There are bits of goo floating about in the water in the expansion tank.