Sign in to follow this  
dutch

What's up with Ebay!!???

I've noticed some really odd things happening on ebay over the past few months and was wondering if anyone else experienced it?

I was bidding on a set of alloys for the VR, alloys that were listed about 3 weeks before which I thought someone had already won. Anyways.....alloys were re-listed so I decided to bid...and what do u know...the same guy who won the auction last time was bidding again?? He ended up out bidding me..i thought it was odd he wanted the same set of alloys....as soon as the auction ended i got a ebay message saying a got a second chance to buy the alloys...looks like these 2 guys (or same person) are pulling some kind of scam...really piss's me off people do this to drive up the price....

It has to be a mate of the guy who's selling them. Annoying i know. Was going to bid on an item the other day that was 9.50 but didn't and it never sold. Few weeks later it comes on as 3.50. Suprise suprise someone else bids me up to 9.50.

Don't waste your time with them mate.. if they are that dishonest over the wheels, then take your custom somewhere else.

if you look at his other items for sale,there are loads of brand new vag stuff on there,perhaps hes got more than one set,why not ask him?

i did ask him...his responce was he has more than one set and the same guy wants them all!! i suppose it could happen..

Sounds like b*llocks to me - he'd have done a deal there and then for the whole lot if that was the case, not re-list them and go through the hassle each time.

Computer says "lying tw*t" ;)

It's called "shill bidding" if you want to report it to ebay.

Though I have to say mr draco2700 does put a lot of stock on ebay, and if memory serves me correctly, one of the people who has benefitted from his sales is mr kev haywire himself ..

Easy way to find out - send the seller a question, tell him you've got a mate who wants a set too, he doesn't by any chance have more than one set does he...? :)

This seller does get a lot of VAG stuff and is genuine. I have bought quite a few bits from him in the past and he had delivered them to my door.

For those of you that are not aware of VAG UK's parts policy dealers are required to dispose of items that have been on their parts shelf for more than a few weeks - that does not mean sending them back to the MK depot either.

I would love to know where he gets his stuff from some of those VAG 1598 leads are like golddust (Including the 20 or so I have under the bed in the spare room :wink: )

Yes, but bear in mind the "second chance offer" you received minutes after losing the auction was probably not even from the same guy ...

Look for these tell-tale signs that it's someone else trying to scam you:

- he requests you reply to the mailto:[email protected] email address instead of via ebay's official email system

- requests payment via western union money transfer

- offers you some mad lower price

- sends you an email with subject line "you are a sucker" ...

Yes, but bear in mind the "second chance offer" you received minutes after losing the auction was probably not even from the same guy ...

Wheels like these don't really need much help in reaching a decent price either..

He doesn't tend to dump all of the items he has at once onto the market, he has been flogging individual sebring centre caps brand new one at a time for the last month or so. Keeps the demand up that way.

nah i think hes a good seller hes just refusing to sell outside of the auction as he knows older vw stuff that is new goes for stupid prices, and yeah hes careful not to flood the market, a few simple ebay tricks that net the seller more ££. there are still plenty of bargains on ebay to be had youll notice a lot more new sellers coming up to xmas trying to make some extra pounds. you just have to get in quick and take a risk with items with no pictures.