Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Mice in my heating vents

Drove the car without stereo tonight and obviously heaters up nice and toasty. There seems to be a squeaky noise coming from the vents somewhere behind the heater controls. Is this the dreaded heater matrix I hear horror stories about or can it be fixed fairly simply?

Wait until you get a hornet in there!!

Dried leaves or fragments of whats left after they've had a bashing. Either in the fan itself (hornets) or rattling arround the ends of the system ducts such as the side window vents (mice).

:lol: :lol:

Lol at cheese but i think i tmight stink a bit. The cat thing would work but im not sure the meeces can get out of the vents.

So to fix it do I take of the heater controls and stick a hoover in there or pry of the vents and do the same?

Where is the blower motor fitted?

The blower is on the non-driver's side. If you lift up the scuttle tray bit and lift out the grate you can see the fan (which looks like on of those fairground rides where you get in and the centripetal force makes you stick to the side as it spins round. Then you go in the air and are sick cos you've had too much beer and candy floss)

which looks like on of those fairground rides where you get in and the centripetal force makes you stick to the side as it spins round. Then you go in the air and are sick cos you've had too much beer and candy floss)

wow that the best explaination for what a heater fan looks lie ive ever seen!

which looks like on of those fairground rides where you get in and the centripetal force makes you stick to the side as it spins round. Then you go in the air and are sick cos you've had too much beer and candy floss)

wow that the best explaination for what a heater fan looks lie ive ever seen!

..although I wouldn't use it in VAG or GSF etc.... :lol:

well Ive cleaned out a load of muck from there, and the meeces are still there.

Dr mat was right, blower motor. Could I just bung a load of GT85 down there and quiten it up or will I be breathing it next time I turn the fans on?

or will I be breathing it next time I turn the fans on?

Never did me any harm...

New motors are about £60 from GPC i think. They're the same part as a mk2 goof if I remember correctly.

Hmmm current Unemployed status means I will have to put up with it, the car seems to be eating its way through my savings at the moment.

Loving the Pikachu death grip Avatar, You seem to be changing them daily at the mo.

The blower is on the non-driver's side. If you lift up the scuttle tray bit and lift out the grate you can see the fan (which looks like on of those fairground rides where you get in and the centripetal force makes you stick to the side as it spins round. Then you go in the air and are sick cos you've had too much beer and candy floss)

I think you mean the 'wall of death', always funny if someone throws up on them, (and you're watching from a distance) everyone gets it :twisted:

David.

If you pull up and down on the fan, looking at it as it was fitted, you'll probably find it's got axial play, ie along the line of the spindle. A temporary fix is to give it some percusion adjustment, ie hit it! :) . The aim being to reseat the plastic fan bit on it's spindle. When i say temporary it lasted at least a couple of years, needs another tap again now, it's started squeaking when i brake, that's how it started last time :lol: Just got to get off my arse :sleeping: !