Sign in to follow this  
matthew_harwood

Project Corrado TDI

Project Corrado TDI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys just need a bit of advice I have a G plate corrado 1.8 16v, have been toying with a few ideas vr6, 1.8t. But have decided to go down the TDI route. Have sorted out the body kit i'm gonna fit the colour and spray job I'm gonna do just need to work out the best Tdi to fit anybody have any ideas the best and easiest to fit. I'd would also like to get a good amount of bhp and torque out of the engine.

All advise will be appreciated

thanks guys

mat

One of the mods (( supercharged )) has a TDI raddo, though he didn't do the conversion (( he bought it for next to nothing :mad: )) he would probebly be able to help.

It's something i'd love to do , I reckon it's a good idea mate.

Speak to Supercharged, he's got a TDI Corrado.

He's used the 6 speed 115/130 PD engine IIRC, feels nice to drive actually. A grunty engine in a car that handles, a good match!

Yeah.. try and get a PD engine as they are sweet! Steve has got the 115PD - the same one as in my Golf TDI.

The 6 speed box is a tad notchy but its nice for motorway cruising - 6th is nice and tall - you're doing around 2000RPM when doing 80MPH.

theres someone on here that has actually done the conversion,think he was dutch?there should be pictures of it on the forum somewhere

you're doing around 2000RPM when doing 80MPH.

And 60mpg, lol!

Yep, I've been meaning to get some pics of mine up but want to tidy up a few bits first... altho all credit needs to go to the previous owner who did all the hard work!

Basically mine is an early G60 and retains the G60 brakes and clutch MC and even the petrol fuel pump as the pressure to the fuel rails does not need to be much, the unit injectors take care of the stupid psi figure that the PD's need to run....

Is an AJM engine out of a 2001 Golf along with 6 spd box with all the original mounts welded in, custom driveshafts and pipework to the original G60 intercooler which is now front mounted.

The MK4 Clocks are fitted and everything that can work does work and everything else turned off in the guage cluster via VAGCOM, the G60 fuse box is retained and an additional one added the other side for the MK4 stuff...

It goes really well and feels like a MK4 Golf except more exciting to drive!

Sounds cool the more i hear the more Im puched down the TDI route LOL

Mines drives very well and the torque is great but my mate has a SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDI 160BHP now chipped and it's mental... one of those engines in a Corrado, now your talking!!

Which reminds me Steve.. I still need to sort you out with some engine bay shots. I'll try get on that soonish! :|

Project Corrado TDI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys just need a bit of advice I have a G plate corrado 1.8 16v, have been toying with a few ideas vr6, 1.8t. But have decided to go down the TDI route. Have sorted out the body kit i'm gonna fit the colour and spray job I'm gonna do just need to work out the best Tdi to fit anybody have any ideas the best and easiest to fit. I'd would also like to get a good amount of bhp and torque out of the engine.

All advise will be appreciated

thanks guys

mat

The best way to fit a TDI engine is using one of the following:

1Z, AHU, ALH (90bhp)

AHF, AFN (110bhp)

The 1.9 PD engines are limited to 180 / 190bhp after tuning.

Besides that, the conversion is a hell. Nothing fits, and has to be modified.

The 'old' 90/100bhp engines can be tuned much more (1 know someone having 213bph -> 189bph on the wheels). These engines fits almost directly on the existing mountpoints of your old 1.8L.

Just snoop around on the dutch corrado-forum (http://www.corrado-forum.nl).

Personally, I would try and hold out for the 170 PD unit available in +the Passat, chip that and you will have 200 horses, no probs, plus all the torque.

Sounds like a great idea mate, keep us post on how its going. I love the torque in deisals, something thats missing from the vr6 low down. Allways a suprise on a 2.9, but hey guess its the narrow angle compromise.

Go for it.

my mate had a seat ibiza 1.9 td chiped to 150bhp it was awsome of the line and on to 70mph. but top speed was a mear 112mph.

Surly that's some sort of limiter that could be removed.

The official top speed for the 130PD Ibiza is 129, so a chipped one will probably be atleast 135, although hindered by gearing, not sure why the top speed of your friends was 122...

im going to try and get the most powerful tdi i can find at the time, are all the mounts wrong/ i was under the impression this was a relatively easy install?