Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

drivers door not closing properly

as above, i seem to have a problem with my drivers door. The last few days ive been closing my door, and it just bounces back at me!

When pushed closed, it goes flush, but doesnt seem to catch.

Anyone had this before? Im thinking maybe something is sticking due to the stupid temperature we're having at the moment, but may be something else.

I have passat rear mechs and handles, and everything may have been removed when the car was sprayed a few weeks ago, but was fine until now.

Cheers,

Baz.

Sounds like the door may have dropped. Did they take off the doors when they re-sprayed it? Think they would have, They may have hung them wrong or some thing????????????????????????

Sounds like the mechanism needs adjusting on the door, or otherwise the pin on the b post. The allen bolts may not have been tightened 100% after removal for paint and so may be slightly mis-aligned with pin??

Tried to get some passat rear handles/mechs this weekend, handles didn't snap shut after opening is this what happens when they are broken?

the same happened to me a few times,but on the passenger door,all i did was remove the handles,had a fiddle around(ooer_and then it closed

Most likely the door pin has moved on the body. Look at witness-marks to see if it's moved. Door lock isn't really able to moved unless loose.

That was a persistent problem on my passenger door until I noticed the pin on the door pillar was loose!! An adjustable spanner soon sorted it.

Yep, the plastic sleeve also wears out - new ones aren't that much from the dealer or GPC do some chromes ones for about the same price...

I also fixed an old pair using a large tube of heatshrink... yet to try them out tho...

Yep, the plastic sleeve also wears out - new ones aren't that much from the dealer or GPC do some chromes ones for about the same price...

Yeah but VW being VW you can't just order the plastic teflony bit with the slit in it for fitting you need to order the whole pin - but they are not too criminal at around £2.69 each. Part no is 357 837 034.