Sign in to follow this  
dan

Best Looking Alloy on a C

Hi all,

I had a set of 17' TT (six spoke) rims on my car until yesterday. I sold them to a mate who owns a A3. They looked ok on the C but look better on his A3.

I sold them because I could only run them with 40mm profile tyres. Thus giving a harsh ride quality, poor protection for the rims, knocking my speedo out and generally being sore on the cars running gear.

Anyway I've decided to go for 16' rims with a 45mm profile which gives an almost identical overall size to the originals.

I had in mind 'Azev C' wheels. In my opinion these are the best looking alloys for a C, what do you think?

If you could suggest one wheel to suit the Corrado, what would it be?

Azev C's are a top choice, not many around either, but I think the colour and stance of the corrado have a lot to do with the overall look. I have 17" Kahn RSS and they are quite nice due to the slight chrome styling. I think with a colour like yours a slightly polished look - like Azev C's would look excellent.

Also have to add the Borbet C's to my timeless classic wheel.

Yup, I'd go for the Borbet C in a 7.5x16 as well... Oh, I have... :roll: :lol:

The Azevs are a very close second in my book, classsy, simple, in proportion and still not too common... I'd guess that a 7.5x16 in those would be a good choice as well... :)

The only problem with the Borbet C is that they've stopped making them now so finding a set is either second hand or just flipping jammy... :(

Might have to forget about getting my wheels refurbed and powder coated and buy a set of Azevs it has really wet my appetite again posting that picture I think the banana would look hot with those wheels :D

pretty darned hard just trying to pick one wheel so i've got a list i'm afraid :?

Standardfitment

VR6 Speedlines are what IMHO must be the best standard wheel that VW have ever fitted to a production model

also like the 1.8 16v Sebrings too........and of course my solitudes :wink:

After-marketfitment

Also a big fan of the AZEV-A's,BBS RX's,RS,LM's,Borbet-C's and a few others i don't know the names of

well i like my borbet A's and i dont care if no one else has them in the favorites list i like them loll :lol: :lol: :lol: but i also have somthing new coming very soon.. :lol:

Borbet A and Keskin KT5 are my favourites, i think wolfrace voodoo's and enigma's suit the corrado too

Borbet A's are still nice, like them with the flush centres, think they suit a rallye or Mk2 golf beter tho.

Have a set of 16" Borbet C's sat, they came off my last Golf when i bought it and put my 15's on, keeping them tho as are a classic.

Love the Azev A's as well, along with the borbet A's they look best in an 8 or 9" width tho as the dish on the rim looks mental!

Big fan of ATS cups and was close to buying a set for my Mk1, got it on 15" steels at the mo as it is not running, they don't look too bad either, suit the car.

Speedlines IMO are the best wheel for a C, did they ever do them in a 16"??

Speedlines IMO are the best wheel for a C, did they ever do them in a 16"??

pretty sure they did....not from VW of course......as speedline did 17's of the same design if i remember rightly

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, How much does your mate want for them and do they have good tyres on I might be persuaded if they're in good nick

I'm in agreement with Roddy on the standard VR6 speedlines. I loved the standard look of my car. (see Joe M's pics as he now owns it).

Thanks for your comments, didn't know you vould get bigger Speedlines....interesting.

I really like the Azev A as well. I thought the only difference between the A & C was the centre cap, (it appears to be flatter on the Azev C)

And because you lot know what looks best on a corrado I'll buy what the majority suggest.

So will I buy the Azev A or the Azev C?

I love my speedlines too on my VR... they need refurbing and will be done soon but also fancy some 17's for shows.....and they WILL be :

BBS RC's 8) :D

I like both the Azev A and C on Corrado's - they look so good esp in 17". Also, a fan of deep dish and split-rim style wheels so phat 9x16s look good along with Porsche Cup style alloys. My all-time fave rims on a C have to be the Porsche Cup splits as previously seen on the UPS Corrado (I think he is running multispoke Porsche 18" rims now!)

Here they are.....

11-m.jpg

Lovely!!! :wink: :thumb right: