macca

Offical launch C

Volkswagen Corrado 16V, Official UK

press launch car,

Found this for sale not far from me, do you think its genuine or any of you guys??? would post the pic but dont know how :(

Official launch car = it's been ragged to death by a load of motoring jurno's (and probably Tiff Nedell as well :wink: ) :lol:

Official launch car = it's been ragged to death by a load of motoring jurno's (and probably Tiff Nedell as well :wink: ) :lol:

If Tiff has probly wrapped it a few times as well

looks like it is one of the "press" launch ones..........the one used by most of the "press" is F241 BVV which funnily enough was for sale earlier on this year......and also was tornado red

I thought the official launch colour was nugget yellow or was that just the launch press photo for the G60???????

funnily enough there was a G-plate nugget yellow 16v up in the Aberdeen area that the girl who owned it said was a "motor-show" Corrado........i think Blown knows the car i'm speaking about :wink: .........could well of been too thing that puzzled me about it was the fact it had windy-up windows as you would have thought VW would have full-spec models on their "motor-show" stands

Yes, its going cheap for £1500, with a FVWSH.

Search on autotrader will do the trick.

Now i thought this sort of pedigree will be worth somthing in years to come( not having the cash to buy it) as past classsic mag/promo cars are sort after, as pedigree stands for a lot in the desireability stakes.

worth a bid?? keep it garaged for a few years?? roll on the late eightes !!

NO, Would rather enjoy my cars !!

I thought the official launch colour was nugget yellow or was that just the launch press photo for the G60???????

Just about every launch report on the C I've ever seen (including most of the posters) have featured a Tornado Red C for this country and America....

I do remember there being a Nugget in there somewhere, but, AFICR, most were red, unless they were from a tuning house... 8)

It does seem that most of the early C's in the UK are Tornado Red as well... Dunno if it's just the fashion from the time or that VW made a shed load more red ones than any other colour, but that's how it's always seemed IMHO... :)

Personally, I hated the nugget yellow Cs when they came out... but now I really rather like them... :D

Henny, I've Got two posters from the states with the press car on them and they are yellow, G60's if i remeber correctly

I have F239 BVV on a poster I got from the club, a red 16V - I think there were 5 red 16V's used to promote the new corrado to the press...

I also have a poster of a yellow G60, In the original launch pack there are 2 broshures, one for the G60 one for the 16V both in red.

In another early broshure which came with Autocar and Motor in september 1998 there is a silver G60, F546 DNV (It states 'the supercharged 1.6 G60 has all the virtues of a winner' - nearly right)

In VW motoring from OCT 98 (VW Motorsport Corrado on front) they also have a silver G60 and red 16V ('CORRADO' plates) in there article on 'VWs yuppie sports coupe' - It also has a small bit about the car on the cover, the specially tuned G60 that broke six distance / average speed records for supercharged spark ignition engines reaching 169mph!

there were 8 press cars from f233 to f241 bvv all taken to miskin manner in south wales then on to pendine sands my ones is out of ian kuahs vw power and style bought mine off mave on here years ago am in the middle of a nut and bolt restoration i will put pics up soon

the G60 press car F546 DNV was the one ragged by Tiff on Top gear - he had it on 3 wheels and gave it a hell of good thrashing. I always wondered if VW had done any work eg smaller pulley or something on it as the charger definately sounded quite whiney and loud compared to standard ones....

dave

can get loadsa info pics etc of the g60 press car saying that its the earliest c but mine is a press f reg its in ian kuahs vw power and style book which i got

but mave didnt have any service history so im on a full on detective mission

the G60 press car F546 DNV was the one ragged by Tiff on Top gear - he had it on 3 wheels and gave it a hell of good thrashing. I always wondered if VW had done any work eg smaller pulley or something on it as the charger definately sounded quite whiney and loud compared to standard ones....

dave

I have original press release photo's of that one:thumbleft: Who owns it now? I'd love to know because I've set up a facebook page for G60's to try and get a build date list together, and help see when the early to late change over happened etc.