Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

180bhp at the fly. Good day all in all. She was given a clean bill of health by the boys at RK engineering and I went home a happy man.

Will get some more pictures up the next time it is sunny and I get round to given her a clean. Probably the sat before the next cornish meet. :oops:

Yep, she was sounding lovely on the RR mate! And she's putting out a bit more power than mine :( :wink:

Wasnt too sure what to expect. Was hoping for over the standard 160bhp but knew the engine was old. So 180 is a result, Not to mention it had great boost and was running sweet apart from the timing being a bit out. So might be a bit more there yet.

Too be honest I dont really need any more. Would like her to be about 200ish. Anything higher = serious money :crazyeyes:

Got the front spliiter back from me mate with a body shop today and is looking good.

It was about to split right through at both corners when I gave it too him and is looking better than new now.

Both corners reinforced and sprayed in matt black to try to match the original finish.

Did try to get him to offer a service for forum members as it really does look as new for £40 but cant write in polite company what his reply was. Think it might have been a bit of a hassle to do :oops:

Does look good mate, shame he's not doing anymore....

I might get mine off and have a go at it myself. :oops:

How did he fix the cracks in the corners then?

Does look good mate, shame he's not doing anymore....

I might get mine off and have a go at it myself. :oops:

How did he fix the cracks in the corners then?

Not too sure how long it will last but am going to try to avoid anywhere i might catch her from now on.

He drilled with small bit a few holes around the cracks to get fibreglass to bond and then filled both corners with filler. rubbed it down and has given it 3 coats of paint in a matt finish.

He also ran some thin metal strips around the corners. Does mean it is now ridgid though. But still flexes in the middle.

Well the suns out so thought I would give her a days lovin.

Got some of the meguirs ( might be spelt wrong ) gold class polish and leather treater that everone loves on here and got to work.

Fitted the refurbed splitter at the same time and rubbed down all the rust I could see under her and painted with hammerite.

The polish is great and even though she really needs a new coat of paint came up really well 8)

Looking swish mate :thumbleft:

Splitter looks good and paintwork is shiny!

Superglued the crack in my splitter today and it looks a lot better, I could do with rubbing down a bit of the rust underneath as well!

Car looks spankin bud, glad ure polish worked well > i got the same stuff the other day, hopefully get similar results 8)

Only 4 weeks till showin and shinin time at RTTS :)

Mucked around with the clocks tonight. Not the best finish but not too bad for a couple of hours work.

Took out the dials and masked off wht I wanted to keep. Then sprayed the rest with vw diamond black from halfrauds which has a pearlescent finish too it .

Then took off the masking hence the not too great finish and laquered.

But on a budget and i quite like em. 8) :oops:

:cool: such a simple mod but it looks so great and modern.

Nice one.

Cheers fella. Kinda what I was going for on a budget. Would love a set of premier dials but am kinda giong with a dark theme for the car. Betcha I cant see the buggers when the dash illumination is on though :oops:

Mot looming so got dirty and fixed a few things.

Main one being the ignition.

Tried replacind the switch and barrel to no avail so got a starter button form dare i say it http://www.badassmotors.co.uk

But it is ideal and looks really good once fitted.

Really bad picture but here you go.

Oh bugger. Went to see about getting the wheels refurbished and some new rubber and ended up with these. :oops: :oops: