Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

406 coupe

i know, its a peugeot so queue the froggy, rust bucket comments....

...but i'm bored with the tdi for a winter hack and been offered one cheap - very similar to these pics - SE, all leather, v6.

anyone had one - constructive comments, opinion/experience of these engines???

Chrisvr6nos - i know you enjoyed driving one - any more input????

Peugeot_406_coupe.jpg

406neto5.jpg

leather-.jpg

peninferina (spelling?!) designed... cant go wrong with that in the looks department. most importantly, is there room for a charger in the engine bay?

I have always liked these. What about the 2.2hdi engine apparently very toquey?

Really like the idea of "anti broullards" its an obvious translation but quite amusing

I have always liked these, they are so beautifully styled and just look right (corrado for eg). V6 is the best engine but apparently the diesel is good.

Really like the idea of "anti broullards" its an obvious translation but quite amusing :)

i really like these, was tempted before the Rado!

Didn't drive one tho but would be tempted by the diesel, all the toys and a decent bit of economy!

the D8 model has the 190bhp engine and the D9 has the 210bhp engine. only difference apart from the engine was a very slight cabin redesign. only real way to tell is if the hazzard light button is just above the heater vents (like in that pic) then it is D9 and if it is lower than than on the dash then it is D8. The D9 engine had variable valve timing although it wasnt publisised much by peuget for some reason.

Its a nice engine and a nice drive but the interior is a bit plasticy (coming from the audi)

i have a 406 saloon HDI at the moment as a tempory car but am looking out for a coupe HDI as a more perminant 2nd car

varying reports of level of economy in reviews on parkers - one guy reckons he gets 30mpg from the v6

- bloody corrado - i don't like driving anything with less than 6 cylinders these days because of it

if it is the D8 you want to make sure the cambelt has been done (if it needs it) because its an expensive job compared to the D9 which is alot easier and cheaper to do due to the redesigned inlet manifold.

you know the v6 has brembo calipers aswell. quite expensive replacement discs though if your looking for a cheap run around.

Ignoring the above OT, a lot of reviews said that the 406 coupe was best with the big diesel engine...

I really like the styling of the 406 coupe, sooo much better than all those other boxes out there.. It would be a potential swap from the VR, if it weren't so damn loooong ..

I like these cars lots. I drove a V6 a couple of years back, and it wasnt as quick as the VR, but more refined. The only problem.................French :porc:

I work for a peugeot dealership and although they do look pretty ,the v6 24v version is no way as quick as a vr6 and the handling is not that brilliant

I have to say, I've always liked the 406 Coupés, they're just cool. If you get a second hand one, hopefully it'll have finished with most of it's "French weightloss scheme" so you won't be forever wondering where that bit of plastic in the footwell has come from.

It'll have already fallen of and you'll never know it was supposed to be there :lol: