Sign in to follow this  
.Rich.

Which car for girls?

How about a seat arosa 1.4 16v sport jobby. A colleague at work has one in black and it seems like fun to drive. Her car prior to this was a mitsubishi evo 1 which costa fortune to run daily :shock:

My gf drives a 2.0 3 door focus zetec which is good for a laugh although seems very high after driving the rado.

Kinda agreeing with Zippy here, Pumas have always enjoyed a really good rep in the press as being fun to drive, much more so than a numb-steering Polo. Right price bracket too...if she/you can accept the badge ;)

Shame she doesn't like the MX5 as they really are superb little cars. You'd like it!

The early MGFs with the hydrospastic suspension were dire, but they later changed it to normal springs/dampers and the handling was instantly transformed, still way off the MX5's capability though.

Pumas are good to drive too, especially the later 1.7 VVT ones.

I wish I had read this a few months back......

My sister just brought an MGF....26,000 Miles.....Head gasket gone....no warranty due to them going bump.

I'd steer clear....a nice cheap MX5 would be a much better choice.

I find with women that you just have to suggest the same car in a different colour or with a different body kit and suddenly they are loving a car that they said they wouldnt touch with a bargepole the day before....if only they were this unobservant when I'm getting caught checking her mates out.... :lol:

Go for a test drive with her in an MX5 and an MGF and I reckon she will definitley prefer the MX5...

Or what about an Ibiza Cupra? :wink:

Pickard1, yup, all sorts of hellish stories about head gaskets and its not like you can just pop the bonnet and change it either since the head is somewhere under the (fixed) rear shelf. Not sure how they change them TBH but i have a funny feeling they have to take half the car apart.

as I read through this all I could think of was a Puma.

cheap to run and if you dont take the 1.7

the 1.4 or 1.6 looks the same but not the same bark and saves bundles on the insurance.

Mgfs have that rubbish 1.8 engine with dodgy headgaskets yikes...

ma woman hada golf gti mk1 then her corrado and shes still happy.

BUY MY LUPO!

only a 1.0E, but 60bhp, goes alright, fun to drive, looks funky and girlie!!

fantasia green, 38K, '51' plate.

£2500, cheapest one about that age/mileage

My girlfriend drives a Ford Ka, fairly suitable I think. Her dream car is one of these horrible StreetKa monstrosities (sp?). She likes new beetles as well... infact anything with lots of curves it seems.

My gf always sais she wants a sportka too! on the rare occasion she talks about a new car..hehe, that must be the ultimate in girlie carness! :lol:

My gf always sais she wants a sportka too! on the rare occasion she talks about a new car..hehe, that must be the ultimate in girlie carness! :lol:

my missus absolutely loves her SportKa!!!!

Well MGF is totally out then.

A friend has a puma so she can have a spin in that. Does anyone else have problems with headroom in puma's, or is it just me?

We will test drive an MX-5 which is sounding the best option (just have to convince her :p).

Thanks lads

My gf's got an MX5 and I've been driving lots recently whilst the Corrado's been off the road. It's absolutely great. The steering's pin sharp, the engine's fizzy and rev-hungry (although crying out for more oomph even though it's an 1800). The heater is immense and it's relatively frugal. It's a far livlier car to drive than the Corrado and of course the engine's mounted the right way round and it drives the correct wheels! And as it's Jap and common it's cheap to get bits for an very reliable. One thing to bear in mind if you're a girl and about 5 '2 " (like my gf) is that she doesn't like it too much with the headlights up and they make visibility less. I just feel like a bit of a plonker driving it as it's a "Berkeley" edition and it's bright turquoise!

The quotes for a new Head Gasket are all coming in at over a grand....Dont go anywhere near an MGF!!!

My girlfriend wants a Nissan Fagaro, have you seen these? Its a 1.0 Turbo retro Job from Japan. Im not too sure about the looks, but the Leather interior is supurb... Theres normally a few on Ebay.

My girlfriend wants a Nissan Fagaro, have you seen these? Its a 1.0 Turbo retro Job from Japan. Im not too sure about the looks, but the Leather interior is supurb... Theres normally a few on Ebay.

So does mine...she'd love one of those more than a raddo :roll:

They are a cool girls car I have to admit...as far as I know they have a 1.0 micra engine, with a turbo, I think they're all automatic. They actually look quite comfy. You can pick them up for around £4000 and they all seem to have really low mileage.

Im Deffinitely hoping my missus gets one...Im sure those Crazy Japanese tuners must make something for that turbo....

Apparently the rest of the equipment is standard Micra stuff so maintainace is fairly cheap. We had a sit in one but she didnt fancy a test drive in case she couldnt control her credit card.... :lol: