Trev

Audioscape Door Pods & Alternatives

Just a get photo's up for the Vortexers and they'll be all over them i'm sure.. though the exchange rate will make them seem very expensive.

Normal price is £180 GBP ($316) but in a group buy they drop to £150 ($264) but it depends on what Audioscape say about redesigning them to clear the knee bar. They did make some sets of custom corrado pods for some Scottish customers, which were flat and didn't come into the car so much, so I'm sure they can do it.

They sell a lot of them. People just browse the net for them, stumble onto this site and call them directly....and pay full price, so that speaks volumes about the workmanship.....which over here at least, is very renowned nationwide.

Just a get photo's up for the Vortexers and they'll be all over them i'm sure.. though the exchange rate will make them seem very expensive.

Thats the problem....Vortex is full of people who want something for nothing. And it doesnt seem to matter if the quality is top notch. I will post for interest and then post back here, Kev.

I know what you mean Krazee, you get a lot of people on the Vortex bragging about fixing their coilpacks with JB weld and making various things out of plumbing materials and other bits n bobs from their local hardware store....and they break a week later :lol:

See if you can generate some interest and come back to us. If not I might be able to sort something out as it would be good to get a set over there for you guys to see for yourselves. Even if it's just a shop demo set you can play around with and you tell us what changes need to be made... but no copying :lol:

I have no problems sporting a Demo Set ;)

Kev, can you post some pictures of them installed? Audioscape's pictures are a bit small.

Alright dude, I'll have a word with the main man tonight. I've printed off your pics so he can get an idea of what's needed.

What is that knee bar for anyway?

The knee bar is one of the many safety regulations that we have...

Apparently it is supposed to either protect your knees in the result of an accident, or to prevent you from sliding under the dash, or a combination of the 2.

I dont get it....and personally, I would love the parcel trays, but unfortunately what you see in the pictures covers a metal bar that runs across the width of the car and the dash is notched for it. On the passenger side, a small hole can be seen if I were to keep my dash with the parcel trays.

Here is the thread in Vortex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2087830

Cool, a free strut brace :lol:

Seriously though, it sounds over kill to me, but your car regulations are a lot stricter than ours.

Good thread, I particularly like this :-

Please Do not ruin this thread. I know that there are several cheaper alternatives to buying these, from modifying your stock pockets, to making your own. Please do not post saying that this is way over priced, etc, etc. If you dont want a pair, then do not post, its that simple.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it goes. Thanks for the interest.

Its a pain when doing anything on vortex....

A pitty one always has to make disclaimers...

I think im going to hang out here more often :)

As per people's request, does anyone have pictures of the tan ones against the tan leather?

£180 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wasn't there a group buy on here not so long ago, and if so how much did you pay in the end?

Would it be too soon to arrange another??[schild=1 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Anyone for a Group Buy[/schild]

I am happy to organise another group buy. I will discuss prices for 10 or more orders with him when I see him next.

I think they were around the £140 mark last time. Well worth the money if you're serious about your sounds.

just seen some audioscape pods going on ebay, but 1 grille missing. tried to go on audioscape website but no joy. any idea how to get hold of another grille, is any1 here selling a decent pair for a reasonable price? thanks guys

My Audioscape pods :-

pod34.jpg

new_pods.jpg

pod25.jpg

My Improved standard ones made to accommodate 6.5" drivers :-

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_02451.jpg

And finally I'm almost finished on Stage 2 of my standard one's which will incorporate a linking system to the door so there is a perfect seal. I will get pics up when I finish :)

ok so i bought some audioscape pods at the weekend, fitted them but the window winders dont clear em!!! :censored:

so now i have to make shortened window winders, or fit electric windows, neither of which i particularly can be arsed to do :brickwall:

anyone know of any stock winders that are shorter and will fit straight on?

My alternative to Audioscape door pods that mounts the speaker to the door sheet metal via a baffle instead of to the door pocket/card.

2608215f.jpg

0793ad09.jpg

I'm looking for a set of Audioscape pods and a sub enclosure. Can't find them online. Have they gone out of business?