Sign in to follow this  
funky

rolling road day BOOKED

Good thanks darren.It would be nice to know the sort of power the engine is producing, even tho there is probably quite a loss in the drive train.

I am in for the rollers at Stealth just dependant on the date really ,Stealth will be busy with the mega meet 21st Sept, also Edition 38 show 27/28th Sept .

we need to have a minimum of 15 cars i am thinking of october being as we have to book a month in advance could anybody interested pm me with name and ill get it booked may have to do as vr6storm has done and take a small deposit later

funky

anybody interested in this ive got 4 definates a few possible but still a fair way off 15 cars. only £20 for 2 runs at stealth an absolute bargain me thinks come on make it happen

funky

bring some naked chicks and you will get a high response! What is the danger involved with having your car on the rollers? I have heard of some horror stories where the car has come off the belts and gone straight through a wall and engines being blown up?

bring some naked chicks and you will get a high response! What is the danger involved with having your car on the rollers? I have heard of some horror stories where the car has come off the belts and gone straight through a wall and engines being blown up?

Well basically if your engine is in good working order, its pretty unlikely that it will blow up.. hell, I ran my Corrado 16v (was worth it to find out it was running 144BHP!) and I am pretty damn paranoid.

And as for jumping off the rollers and into the wall.. well, i've never seen or heard of that happening!! :)

I'm in too. Funky, if you're thinking October, that would suit me quite well, specially the second week. But may be able to make other dates depending on exactly what was proposed.

Joe

That won't happen at Stealth, believe me. Two dirty great straps restrain the car to the ground and a huge fan supplies cold air to the radiator. If your car doesn't blow up pulling 6K+ on the road, there's no reason why it should let go on the rollers. The noise is VERY VERY loud and it's very unnerving to rolling road virgins. Well worth it though but be warned, Stealth's RR is VERY accurate and some of you might go home dissapointed - but with some pointers on improvement.

Kev

Kev,

But the sound of an induction kitted VR thumping away on the rolling road (with the bonnet open of course) is something you don't forget in a hurry.

I love the way it vibrates through the floor and through your chest... music to your ears :)

Kev,

But the sound of an induction kitted VR thumping away on the rolling road (with the bonnet open of course) is something you don't forget in a hurry.

I love the way it vibrates through the floor and through your chest... music to your ears :)

hehehehe......and if its your VR on the rollers the hairs stand up on the back of your neck :shock: :lol: 8)

Harry I think you'll find that Paul the owner of Motorvation in dorking has shut that down and is now running aus tek racing in Crawley.

Kev,

Nah, a better noise is a turbo'd 4 cylinder when it comes on boost and the rollers struggle to keep up with the road wheels :lol:

The noise a VR6 produces is very over rated in my opinion. A BMW 6 sounds 10 times better and a Chevy big block V8 better still :D

Kev

Kev,

Nah, a better noise is a turbo'd 4 cylinder when it comes on boost and the rollers struggle to keep up with the road wheels :lol:

The noise a VR6 produces is very over rated in my opinion. A BMW 6 sounds 10 times better and a Chevy big block V8 better still :D

Kev

blimey Kev.....you really have a "downer" :( for your VR6 lately mate :wink: .............not as near as keen on the bmw 6's note over the ur-quattro's 5-cylinder rumble/burble 8)

blimey Kev.....you really have a "downer" :( for your VR6 lately mate :wink: .............not as near as keen on the bmw 6's note over the ur-quattro's 5-cylinder rumble/burble 8)

Let's just say C an I have a Love-Hate relationship but I love it more often than I hate it :D I'm guess I'm just used to it now and I've always been a fussy git anyway!

At the moment, it's absolutely flying - just as I've ordered a bloody MAF sensor from Bosch :x

The Quattro sounds gorgeous mate, can't agree with you more on that. The BMW 6, especially the M20 engine, sounds fantastic, crisp, mechanical and powerful. I didn't buy the VR for it's engine note though, I just like the performance :D

Kev

if I can make the day I'll be up for it,looked at Stealth's website and they seem to be pretty good! Like the look of the 2 litre bottem end conversions!

Have any days been suggested yet ?

so far i have 10 people want to go and 3 possibilities we have to have a minimum of 15 people before this will happen

i cannot book it or arrange dates until there are this amount as i dont want to get stumped with the bill if people cant make it

funky

Theres gotta be more of us interested in this.

I should definately have a Corrado by the time this happens - I can't it happening for at LEAST another month...? Possibly November time?

myself bananaman

surf

jim16v

exturbo2003

supercharged

harry1000

rams

endor71

takoon

joenose

2cc

campaign ? waiting on baby