Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

What can you do with the headlights?

As the topic states, what can you do with the headlights? I've seen a lot of mods done to these, and I was thinking of doing something with them myself. Any ideas on what would look "rad" and what would look "bad" (damn I'm good with words)? Anything, street legal or not. How can the headlights look the best?

Well if you check my signature (not so noticeable on the forum banner ;) ) you will notice I have blacked out some of the headlight.

Take the lens off and use some black hamerite smooth on the 'ribbed' silver bit, gives the light a bit more definition and it costs virtualy nothing to do!

sounds neat.. how would I get the lens off then?

Have a look in the knowledge base under Headlights (early to late conversion)

Better get used to typing those word's moddies. :wink:

thanks, I did look into that knowledge base, it's a great idea! It just needs a bit more knowledge, and articles, to be perfect. Really great concept.

I guess I could paint my headlights, perhaps even tint the inner glass a wee bit ?

i sprayed mine and they look good only thing was as i peeled the maskin tape off some of the silver came off(you can't really see it though)

hmm thot bout puting a light tint on actual lenses too but lights no crapany1 got pics of tinted headlamps?

g60greeny, I didn't use masking tape. That silver stuff thats on there will come off very easily.

Just a bit of black paint, good paintbrush & a steady hand is all that's needed ;)

yeah ithought i'd be different!the finish is good though should have made the maskin tape a bit less sticky before i used it,gone for a nice matt black

jenks, perhaps you should've used some of that blue paint masking tape that costs sh*tloads? Heard it is really great!

lost me there m8?

was wondering if there pics of the actual glass thats been tinted? but wary incase the already sh!it lighting could be made even worse

uprated loom time maybe?i made one and got some brighter bulbs at the same time made a right difference think they maybe too bright as i keep gettin flashed

white_vw_corrado, have u got a full pic of the front...pleease

also i really like zarman's audi A4 inspired lights with HID

i got in.pro lamps there useless really. but paint your ribbed part of the lamps black and het clear, smooth lenses to achieve this look

How do you get a beam pattern?

FurkiG60,

There you go man! But ive gone back to my inpro lamps finally was able to adjust the height of the beams so got them to function - amazing improvement in light! My faith has been restored in in.pro!