Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

i have a box of relays in the engine bay as part of a mk4 r32 engine conversion, relay 428 is the ECU power relay

2D84AE64-BD99-4333-98B1-63DC497FB977_zpsxqfuoavt.jpg

which i believe is initially powered by relay 30 (or you may have 109 ) on the main fusebox.....

problem i'm having is that relay 428 isn't getting a continuous switched power, and that relay 30 location is the culprit, does anyone know which block on the back of the fuse box is tied to this relay...cheers

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

Hi guys, recently picked up a golf v6 4motion AUE {love it btw !!}, doing the thermostat housing and crack pipe along with cam cover gasket right now, just noticed on the cam cover right behind the oil fill cap theres seems to be a sensor of some sort? looks like its also leaking, My BDE doesnt have that, anyone know what its for? cheers

It's a sensor that reads something off the top chain. Not sure what it's purpose is but my guy feeling is that it's something to do with the timing.

Whilst you got it off can you take some pics of the area near the solenoid and the cam sprockets please?

yep, iv already taken pics not sure if there going to be of use but give me 30 mins and ill post up the ones i got ,if not ill get some more in week.

any good?

021_zpskjczelis.jpg

turns out its just an o-ring,

020_zpshdstvgdw.jpg

seems like the actual leak was due to corrosion, can see the pits, cleaned it up best i can so im going to need a decent sealant , iv seen some people skim the pits with chemical metal? think its best to use a decent quality sealant to help the seal , something like loctite?

024_zpstjsod14z.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Depends how you do it. I spent £1000s on my VRT engine. R32 is way cheaper in comparison and really not that much slower in the real world. You need a lot of road space to get the most out of a VRT because corners come up real quick!

Hi all thought it best to post in here than start a new thread.I'm looking at putting the BAM engine into my valver. I'm aiming to buy a complete Audi TT as I also want the seats. If I do this do I have to use Qpengs system or could I modify the oringinal loom. And would I need to buy anything else for the conversion? Cheers

I have a mk5 r32 engine I'm planning to put in a Mk1 Golf, how have you guys managed to get a vehicle speed sensor(VSS) feed? In the later ecu's it is handled by the abs module via canbus? Any help would be much appreciated.

Can this be coded out to remove the rev restriction and error codes?

from a fellow Corrado owner :D

Hi RichG60

The speedo in corrado's is fed either electrically or mechanically from the gearbox. No link to the engine. This is how the arrangement in my r32 conversion anyway.

Not sure why VSS would limit the engine speed. Maybe Im missing something.

FYI, I and a few people fit CAN interface modules to convert the signal to a suitable voltage control for the rev counter

Some R32 ECUs limit the engine to 4500rpm without a VSS signal, and yes it can be coded out.

I'm assuming this MK1 Golf will be using a VR6 gearbox? If so, as quicky said, it has a gearbox sender on it to supply the rev counter, but you'll need to use the VR6 clocks as well seeing as MK1 clocks have speedo cables IIRC?

The car previously had a g60 conversion and the rev signal was taken off the coil. I believe I can fit a mk3 diesel alternator with w+ terminal to sort out revs.

This was using stock mk1 clocks. The odometer / speedo is cable driven out of the gearbox where the speed sensor would go. I'm using a V5 gearbox for better ratios :)

Do you know who can code out the vss?

Cheers

Use Stealth to code out the ECU, he is very knowledgeable.

The VR6 VSS is a worm drive the same as the Mk1 Cable, and in the same place but iirc the Mk1 worm drive bolts onto the box where the VR6 Sensor screws into the box. I know other people have got round it though, I'm sure there is a car out there that has a cable with a screw in worm drive, probably an earlier Corrado, Ibiza or something. Or I might just be talking bolx...

Edited by KipVR

How do you guys find the 12v VR6 gearbox with the R32 engine? What kind of RPM are you getting at 70mph in 5th gear and what size wheels are you running?

cheers

Edited by RichG60

Sometimes I wish I had a 6th gear, but only because it gets through the gears so quick! RPM wise it's no different to the VR6.

Hi Kip,

Is that running 15" wheels? 195 x 50 tyres?

Do you find the rpm to be excessive at 70?

I have an have an 02j FBK gearbox from a golf 2.3ltr V5. I'm planning to run 195 / 45 / 15's on my car and looking at the gear ratios would do 3500rpm at 70mph!

The ratios are:

Final drive ratio: 3.938

1st: 3.300

2nd: 1.944

3rd: 1.360

4th: 1.034

5th: 0.816

I'm wondering if anyone runs this box with an R32 and changed the 5th gear out to a better ratio?

The rpm is exactly the same as a vr6 as it's the same gearbox and flywheel. I've heard about the v5 gearbox but as you have found the ratios are daft for running 15s, I did wonder if you could use the v5 and somehow combine it with a tdi like the g60 final and tdi 5th trick.

I don't know what rpm I'm doing at 70 as I haven't sorted tacho yet :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk