Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Lots of heads turning at the Corrado !

Merry Christmas ! 37 degrees and they're playing 'Winter Wonderland' here in Sydney ?? Had to laugh !

Grinning from ear to ear driving around here since picking the car up and getting back on the road, i've had lots of confused heads turning, beeping horns, flashing lights etc. Most people have never even heard of a Corrado let alone seen one. Its very nice to be different, according to the RTA and Customs its the only one in NSW !!

Had a random one the other day, where i work, 2 doors away is a VW Mechanic, always lots of Combis around. Thought i'd pop in and ask if he's ever seen a Corrado. Turns out he has a LHD VR6 that he imported from Japan that he's converting to RHD !! He showed me pics of his old VW's, Loads of Air Cooled including a Karmann Ghia, Mk1 with 16V conversion and a Mk2 Golf with a G60 engine, he still had the G60 engine there on stands, but with a very strange Australian Supercharger on it, i'll have to get a pic of it !!

Noooooooo.............don't convert it to RHD. RHD is for wimps!!.. :-P

not so if your trying to overtake those land trains they have over there :lol:

Sounds like you're gonna be a god on the 'dub scene mate :D

I'm just wondering why on earth there was a LHD Corrado in Japan though... they're another one of the countries that actually drives on the proper side of the road.

Sounds like you're gonna be a god on the 'dub scene mate :D

I'm just wondering why on earth there was a LHD Corrado in Japan though... they're another one of the countries that actually drives on the proper side of the road.

AFAIK, the Corrado was never officially sold in Japan, so a lot of those that are there will be imports from neighbouring countries (and perhaps ex-US Forces personnel cars) that drive on the other side.

I'll have to quiz him about that one, didn't even think about it at the time.

I want to get some pics up but these internet places won't allow it. Need to buy a Computer soon.

Apparently the prize for best Corrado is waiting for me at VW Nationals !! Should be fun !!

Apparently the prize for best Corrado is waiting for me at VW Nationals !! Should be fun !!

:cheers: Nice one - definitely make sure you get piccies of that! :D

Noooooooo.............don't convert it to RHD. RHD is for wimps!!.. :-P

i think its Illegal to drive a LH car in Oz.

that actually drives on the proper side of the road.

Cough, cough :lol:

The Rado was built in a LHD country for LHD conditions, that's one of the reasons why in the end I also decided for a LHD Rado. OK, I do know that GB was the 2nd biggest market for the Rado, but still :lol:

Hav fun getting that trophy for best Rado :-)

Tempest