Sign in to follow this  
Just 1.8 16V

Which Car Mats?

O.K, the time has come to replace the car mats in my rado, the current ones (which i think are original) are black and have the 'corrado' text on the front mats. I would like something very similar, obviously VW stealer's are going to rape me for any any original OEM mats so I have to come with an alternative.

Has anyone order a new set of mats from anywhere recently? I see there are lots of companies offering tailor made mats etc, but are they going to fit correctly as I would guess that not many of them actually have measured the corrado floor plan and are just having a guess at it!

Any help/comments appreciated.

Well my usual piece of advice is to avoid the VW dealers mats - they are awful!

I went skipping down to my local VW dealer 2 or 3 years ago to buy some mats for my Corrado 16v, forked over £57 with images of the lush US style carpets (with stiched on Corrado logo) only to be presented with some awful thin foam ones with printed lettering a few days later.

I was very dissapointed, and I know that Blue_Joe on here was similarly annoyed at his carpet purchase from VAG.

I'd be looking at some nice custom ones from someone like JustMatz if I were you! :)

Yeah I agree about the vw mats. They aint much good. I paid £31.58+VAT from my friendly discount-giving vw dealer, but they should have been £49+VAT retail price.... They are not worth over 50 quid.

Mine always unpop themselves off the plastic screw thingies that they clip over. Bad design. Because of this the mat always gets caught under the clutch pedal.

I'm going to get some different mats made. Might try Justmatz and have a custom logo put on them...

If we could get original US style ones over here we'd be laughing - they are superb quality! Very thick carpet, and a nice stitched Corrado logo.

i've seen the justmatz ones and they do look very good quality , the oem ones are often on ebay but they go for silly money

I got some nice black ones with red seams and corrado-logo. I like them, but I don't know what black clips you are talking about, dub envy, I just got two holes in it. I don't know if it's OEM, but they sure look nice.

What is Justmatz? They got a web page?

one love

I got some nice black ones with red seams and corrado-logo. I like them, but I don't know what black clips you are talking about, dub envy, I just got two holes in it. I don't know if it's OEM, but they sure look nice.

What is Justmatz? They got a web page?

one love

Mine came with two palstic 'plugs' that screw into the florr carpet then the holes in the mat clip over the plugs. They are to stop them from sliding forward, but everytime i get in the car i have to pul the mat back and clip it over the plugs again. I have tried different techniques of gettingin the car to try and stop them un-clipping, but I think its just the mats being sh!te.

Yeah same here, I ended up screwing the sodding things to the carpet with black wood screws, LOL!

I paid about £40 for my OEM mats too, bought them in the summer and VW had LOOOOAAADs of them in stock at HQ.

The only thing I find with the OEM ones is they wear out quickly where your heel rests on the floor in front of the gas pedal.

I got mine from http://www.justmatz.co.uk , highly recommended. Mine are black with green stitching and a white corrado logo and they look great.

I only got a hole on the drives side, there is a screw in knob bit that it fits onto and I get no movement at all. You can have extra padding wherever you want etc.

I got a decent set from Euro Car Parts.

..however they did get jammed over my accelerator pedal and gave me the scare of my life. Imagine having your foot hard on the brake pedal, and the car still pulling away! :shock: :oops: :lol:

That little incident wrecked my clutch/flywheel

Since then, I've kept the mat in place with double sided velcro all over the underside of the mat. Hasnt moved an inch! :lol:

..however they did get jammed over my accelerator pedal and gave me the scare of my life. Imagine having your foot hard on the brake pedal, and the car still pulling away!

lol, that happened to me when I took mine for a test drive, was giving it the beans, dropped the clutch to change gear then all of sudden the engine was screamin and the revs were bouncin off the limiter :pale: ... so i switched off the engine and pulled into a lay-bye thinking I'd broken it, turned it on again to check ... still buggrd ... turned it off again and started to panic and think of excuses why I'd broken a car within minutes of getting in (was on my own) ... got the phone out to call a mate, just as I found his number I realised the mat was stuck over the accelerator pedal :oops:

Anyway, bought the car, binned those mats and bought some from halfrauds for £25 ... mistake! ... these did the same thing after a few months and are also in the bin, next time I'm probably going to get some from justmatz

Hmmm I got some from a pikey shop called "half price or less" (called home bargains in some places) for £3.99 and they are great!

You wouldn't believe the quality of them, better than the ones I looked at in halfords for £25 +

I had a set custom made for me by a guy in Germany (surprise surprise) - http://www.habianek.com/ - he has no RHD templates though, so I made my own in paper and sent them to him. 4 mats to my own custom templates for 60 Euros delivered! Good quality too, though he doesn't do heelpads unfortunately...

I got mine from http://www.justmatz.co.uk , highly recommended. Mine are black with green stitching and a white corrado logo and they look great.

I only got a hole on the drives side, there is a screw in knob bit that it fits onto and I get no movement at all. You can have extra padding wherever you want etc.

what colour backing have your justmatz got,on mine they are white,they seem very stiff and i spilt a can of lager on them at inters and within a couple of days there were mouldy,i think i paid £65 for mine :cry:

Mine have black backing and I paid about £50 I think... did you make any attempt to get the lager out?!

nope,i was a bit worse for wear,whilst i was at the inters camp site,didnt spill much though,this was about 3 years ago now

I got mine from justmatz at e38 this year and I can't say I'm too impressed with the quality as the C logo on the pass side has started coming away from the mat quite badly and the drivers side is begining to do the same :(

Will email them to see what they can do about it (if anything) and post the result in here...

Hm.. seems that Justmatz aren't mega hot then either! Why is it so difficult to find decent carpets! :(

I managed to rip the OE ones in my Golf when trying to pop them off the carpet fixing points.. gave it a good pull and instead of hearing a 'pop' just heard a rip! Don't know my own strength obviously! :(

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the shameful plug, but thought someone may be interested so ive just put a post up in the for sale section,

I have a set of Autostyle diplomat (pun intended, i think!?) mats for sale, top qualitiy kit..

Mats for Sale

Cheers

My mats doesn't move at all, and they're not attached in any way. They have a really nice backside, though, with some good anti-grip.

Is that 'anti-slip' or 'grip'?!

My justmatz mats haven't come apart at all, I give them a good clean up once a fortnight and they look as good as new, really impressed with the quality and the price was good considering they were customs.