Sign in to follow this  
Just 1.8 16V

Which Car Mats?

I've not got any JustMatz mats, but they do 3 different grades of mat, so maybe their cheap ones are a bit poo, but the rest are ok? I've heard lots of people raving about them, so I guess they're not all bad.

Also - the DDI mats look pretty good, but they're Canadian, so won't fit a RHD car ;)

I bought a set of these and have been very pleased with the quality. Mine have Corrado stitched in white but other than that, they appear to be the same.

Have had some small issues with slipping out of place on the drivers side, but double-sided tape has brought a permanant cure.

Notice everyone seems to be into carpet mats. The original vw rubber mats have been discontinued but the mats for the Mk 2 Golf are the same, so there you go, a piece of info for anybody looking for rubber mats that fit properly!

triggermyson you got any pics of you mats then mate, mit have to order some this week as i bined my nasty old ones!

i bought a set of justmatz ones at e38 last year, they looked like good quality but the first time i put them in the car and used them the g60 writing fell off, and that was just driving across the field with no shoes on at e38 so i had them for about 30 minutes before i took them straight back, which was a shame as they fitted really well and looked good, i only bought them for show use and they couldnt even cope with that.

i bought a set of justmatz ones at e38 last year, they looked like good quality but the first time i put them in the car and used them the g60 writing fell off, and that was just driving across the field with no shoes on at e38 so i had them for about 30 minutes before i took them straight back, which was a shame as they fitted really well and looked good, i only bought them for show use and they couldnt even cope with that.

I had my mats from JustMatz plain, with no writing what-so-ever. Really pleased with the quality and they are a great fit. I went for the medium quality - Deluxe, and I can't fault them.

to be fair the mats themselves did look very good quality, but the writing is just poorly glued on red felt (anyone remember fuzzy felt) :wink:

if the writing was stitched in it would be much better.

to be fair the mats themselves did look very good quality, but the writing is just poorly glued on red felt (anyone remember fuzzy felt) :wink:

Have to agree here, the JustMatz mats themselves are reasonable quality, but the writing on mine started to come off within a few months, and is looking positively threadbare now.

Shame Dub Design Industries don't do theirs in RHD - they look fantsastic.

Well the LHD VAG mats are ace quality with pukka embroidered lettering, but they skimped and had cheap ones made for us RHD lot.

If someone can find a decent car mat place that do high quality mats with embroidered lettering, then I'd love a set because my VAG ones are falling apart.

Have to agree here, the JustMatz mats themselves are reasonable quality, but the writing on mine started to come off within a few months, and is looking positively threadbare now.

Shame Dub Design Industries don't do theirs in RHD - they look fantsastic.

Looking on their site, the DDI ones seem to have thicker carpet pads for the heels on both the driver and passenger sides.. so i'd assume they're designed to be suitable for both LHD and RHD cars! :)

Looking on their site, the DDI ones seem to have thicker carpet pads for the heels on both the driver and passenger sides.. so i'd assume they're designed to be suitable for both LHD and RHD cars! :)

Sadly not - the mats are a different shape depending on where the pedals are :(

StuartFZR400 i grabed a set off him last night in the last min with no bids for £22.34 inc P+P (thought id give them ago, since i dont have any mats at the mo :oops: ). will let you guys know what there like when i get them.

StuartFZR400 i grabed a set off him last night in the last min with no bids for £22.34 inc P+P (thought id give them ago, since i dont have any mats at the mo :oops: ). will let you guys know what there like when i get them.

Would love to know how they go RADO. asap

There are a set due to go tomorrow with no bids on them. However he seems to sell them often - I saw some of his sell about 6 months ago; but bidding went up that time. If I miss these , I just hope the next set doesnt get bid on too - IF you say they're good.

pics would help too (he doesnt show the backing)

StuartFZR400 dont know if ill be getting them befor tomorrow mate, paypal acounts all f**ked up so had to send a cheque!

will still let you know what there like (with pics) when i do get them, so you can try and catch the next set he dose.

Thread resurrection time!!!!

How are people getting on with their mats? im after some new ones, as mine are falling apart!!!

I got mine from justmatz at e38 this year and I can't say I'm too impressed with the quality as the C logo on the pass side has started coming away from the mat quite badly and the drivers side is beginning to do the same :(

Will email them to see what they can do about it (if anything) and post the result in here...

Well I'd just like to give Justmatz a full 10 out of 10 for their customer service!

Since posting the above comment (december last year) about the quality of my mats they have got gradually worse but tbh I never got around to emailing them or making contact - until E38 last weekend.

I wondered over to their stand with the intention of asking about getting replacement logo's and some advice on what sort of glue to put them on with... they explained that the logo shouldn't come away from the mat what so ever and asked me to bring them over so they could have a look!

So a breif conversation later and I have a new full set to my spec on order! FREE OF CHARGE 8)

Needless to say I was overwhelmed at their customer service and their willingness to put right the problem on a set of mats that were a year old!

Will post pics of the new mats once they arrive :D