Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Insurance for a 24v C

Ring a few places for a quote ;-)

Get it done ASAP as DVLA are proposing tougher restrictions on modified cars at the moment.

As a rough guide, I pay £500 comp, Full NCD protected on mine with the charger and everything else declared. To be honest, they're more interested in the output than the fact it has a different engine. 204 hp shouldn't bump the premium up much if the car is 190bhp to begin with.

As a rough guide, I pay £500 comp, Full NCD protected on mine with the charger and everything else declared.

£500 fully comp for a 280BHP+ VR6?! :shock:

Damn thats cheap.

I tried getting some quotes when the charger group buy was on, but most places didnt wanna know :(

I only had my corrado on TPFT, I never really saw the point of fully comp.

Paid about £260 IIRC.

Then, when I swapped it onto the Mk4 3 months later, I HAD to go fully comp, and they charged me an EXTRA £770!!!!!!!

HIC, greedy feckers.

Yeah I'm with HIC too.....just wanted a cheap premium, not bothered about claims as I ain't intending on stacking it...

Oh and I'm and old bastard aswell, which helps.....

Mine is £560 a year fully comp with protected NCB. Its fully declared with all mods and everything detailed. I am 26 and its my only car.

I am currently insured with Adrian Flux, but was with Brentacre before that and HIC before that.

Jay

Mine is £560 a year fully comp with protected NCB. Its fully declared with all mods and everything detailed. I am 26 and its my only car.

I am currently insured with Adrian Flux, but was with Brentacre before that and HIC before that.

Jay

Then why the feck am I paying more for a bloody TDI Golf. I really need to get haggling come renewal time.

Well, time to confess age, (51).... yes, such a shock, for me as much as anyone.

But the good news is that I pay £290 fully comprehensive with protected NCD and legal expenses. Full ncd., clean licence, self and wife insured, living in Hertfordshire. With First Alternative.

Best wishes

RB

I'm going through the renewal procoss at the moment and it's a nightmare.

I currently pay 1700 euro's per year full cover. That's with 45 % no claims discount and I'm 32. F&ckers. How can it be that much more expensive than in the UK??

The best renewal I've got so far is 1200 euro's p/y!!

Dutch