Sign in to follow this  
willg

squeaky interior

does anyone else have the same problem as me, and that is it sound like i have an army of mice in the boot. with roads being a little corrado un friendly, the interior is starting to creak mainly in and around the tail gate.

Has any one got any tips - what did work for me for a couple of months was to pack the area behind the plastic panels with sponge which worked a treat but the local shop is now beginning to look at me strangerly.

cheers

Will vr6

i could have moved it...... d'oh, one day i will learn how to use forums. so no more ideas for squeaky plastic panels in the boot then.

I used some stuff called gum gum. Its used by windscrean fitters as a mouldable seal.Its not the stuff they use to bond it in tho. Comes in rolls and you simply pull some off apply and replace and push. Cured my rattles.

cheers for the help chaps, the felt is what i thought about using next any ideas where to find it, girlfriend reckons sewing shop,

Gum Gum i thought was the stuff you put on your exhaust, so do you reckon if i speak to halfords or someone they will give me that or would they knonw about the windscreen stuff you mentioned.

dynamatt and where the plastic conctacts the body use draught excluder, that should sort it

if not buys a couple of subs and stick them in there :-)

thought i would just add to the problem - the rattles have been amplified due to the fact 2 plastic brackets have broken.

the rear plastic trim is in 2 sections, a larger one and a smaler strip nearer the window, it is this strip that holds the larger trim in place and it is this where the brackets have broken on mine thus causing the noise.

i have now bought a tub of super glue and some draught sealing stuff,

i will may well be driving a squeaky free sound proof car - well i hope!

just like to say adding the draft sealing strips and super glueing the broken brackets have worked a treat, i would advise and one with this problem to do the same