JMC

JMC's G60

Looks good Jonathan, are you happy with it?

Looks like the hard work and body shop man all paid off in the end!

Yep, really happy with it :luvlove: and just need to top 3 slat grill now. Greg at Southam Bodies has done a fablous job on it. Sort of shame it wasn't a single variable test (with changing the stat and rad switch at the same time), but I know it just has to help.

Rolling road booked for tomorrow, so fingers crossed....

Sorry about all the interuptions at the drop in centre today Jonathan....

:nuts: Yeah sorry about that! :D

Good to see you again Jonathan and the cars looking great - and cheers Darren for sorting things out at such short notice, great service as always - much appreciated!

Good to see you again Jonathan and the cars looking great - and cheers Darren for sorting things out at such short notice, great service as always - much appreciated!

Good to see you again too Supercharged, and to meet Yan too. I wouldn't worry about the delays to my day - a day out at G-Werks is always a good day out :D

JMC? :scratch:

IMG_0007a.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

...just whundering if your G60 would look better with a 3 slat grill as apposed to the 7 slat one you've got there... :ignore:

...just whundering if your G60 would look better with a 3 slat grill as apposed to the 7 slat one you've got there... :ignore:

Yeah, it wil mate - I am just waiting to get one, that ropey old 7 slat is just a stand in one (don't worry, it wasn't some weird fashion statement).

Just a quick update - made 225bhp (6300rpm) and 200lbft (at 5000rpm) at Surrey Rolling Road this week. :D but there seems to still be a bit more squeeze out of this above 5000rpm as the fuelling starts to lean out to much at the top end. So hopefully a bit more to come :D :D

Good to see this in the flesh at the drop in centre a few weeks ago (massive thanks to Daz) bumper job is really, really good.

200lbft must make it go some!

Glad to hear you got it dyno'd at last Jonathan :clap:

Edit: That is quite a high rpm for torque to peak at. Did the cam push the powerband up that far?

Edit: That is quite a high rpm for torque to peak at. Did the cam push the powerband up that far?

It does go some boostmonkey, especially as it's coupled to a Peloquin. The torque curve is not really flat, so it creeps up from 3000 to where it peaks, but the main pwerband is from 3000 to 5500. I'll get a scan of it up when I get home. There is still a little more to get out of it, and Darren is refining the map, so there might be another 5bhp and lbft to get. Even now though, as a scientist I can't stop fiddling. I see in the group buy section there is a buy for schimmel water/methanol injections systems on. Me thinks I see the next toy :D

It does go some boostmonkey, especially as it's coupled to a Peloquin. The torque curve is not really flat, so it creeps up from 3000 to where it peaks, but the main pwerband is from 3000 to 5500. I'll get a scan of it up when I get home. There is still a little more to get out of it, and Darren is refining the map, so there might be another 5bhp and lbft to get. Even now though, as a scientist I can't stop fiddling. I see in the group buy section there is a buy for schimmel water/methanol injections systems on. Me thinks I see the next toy :D

You've couple a falcon to your engine?! :shock: Not heard of that mod before... :lol:

Yeah, do get the graph up, that would be much appreciated. I'll have to send you those thermo notes sometime soon as I have some free time at the mo :salute:

water/meth injection sounds like good fun too! Steam clean those pistons...mmmmm.

good results mate,love the grill in bumper! :luvlove:

Cheers mate. Here's the graph for you boostmonkey...

Rob, the sig says it's a Piper 285 :salute: just gotta grab the microscope to read it!

Jonathan, good to see another Jonathan C on the forum! :grin: we are a rare breed I feel.

Torque curve looks awesome. 120lbft from 2000rpm (i.e. peak valver torque) must be amazing! :shock: ProdigalSon's G60 seemed to have the same torque as mine when he was in a couple of gears higher (not that my car is anywhere near running perfectly, but...) so I'm guessing that is bags of fun to drive? Must make overtaking much easier!

Yep, still got my old Piper 285 (which I believe is actually a 276 degree cam, due to some weird naming convention from Piper). Overtaking is fun :D , and that much torque makes one lazy - there just is rarely any need to change gear apart from running out of revs :lol:

standard pulley?

I checked your sig this time.

:grin:

Currently running on a 68mm one mate :D

For those of you who are like me (geeky) I've been able to pull together rolling road info on the old vs new engine. On the graphs are wheels values for power and torque for my old engine (before the rebore), new engine just after running in and on a safe map, and finally after it has been mapped. Still think there is more to be had in the mapping, so fingers crossed...

Wow Jonathan! :shock: just goes to show the difference between driving about unmapped and mapped huh! Less torque than the old engine before it was programmed.... Interesting stuff.

I would have thought you could still smooth those curves out a bit, but I guess it depends on how much time/money you want to spend and whether you feel it performs as you want it to on the road :salute:

The fuelling goes a bit lean above 4000 as it stands at the moment, so there is some improvement to be had there. Lower down it looks pretty good though, so I don't think I'll be messing there.

The oddest thing though. If you look at the runs I've done from originally getting the car, the 1st run on any given day is always drastically different from the subsequent ones. There is huge amounts more boost pressure lower down, and as a result masses more torque, but this disappears and after the 1st run. Every set of data I've looked at for mine does this. I wonder whether others get this too, but as you normally only see the last power run, you wouldn't normally see this. I was thinking heat soak, and still am really (even with my new openned up bumper), as I can't think what else it would be :?

Yeah, first thing that springs to mind is heat soak.

Big fat fans in front of the car when on the RR are good, but they no way simulate the air all around you when you're driving (for example, do RR fans actually blow onto the stock IC?? I would have thought not!)

So yeah, I would expect subsequent runs to be a little down on power due to the heat thing.

Do you have a phenolic gasket?