Sign in to follow this  
Paul B

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone!

Came home from the new year festivities to be confronted with this :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Found the stone that did it in the rear footwell.....makes me so mad, why bother, why my Corrado??? Was lucky really as my girlfriends VR6 and her brothers Corrado 16v were both out.

No unfortunately. Jo's Mum and Dad heard something but when they got up there was nobody about.

Apparently another car further down the road was done too

Sorry to hear about that.

Was there any other damage (bodywork wise)?

Looks like was just a window, so (fingers crossed) might be a cheapish fix.

But that's besides the point, it shouldn't have happened, and people like that deserve to have their legs broken! :mad:

I was fuming before at having my alloy dust caps nicked. My blood would be boiling if I found that!!!

Bloody scum. No other word for it.

No other damage except for a scuff on the spoiler...i think the stone must have counced off or something....its a bit nasty

I was proper angry last night....been looking at all the chavs i've seen in the area today...wondering if it was them! I'd love to find the shit, they'll be picking each piece of glass up with their teeth

What a shitter!

Check yer insurance and break the front screen if it's not perfect then get them both done under the excess if you can...

C**ts. Ive been paronoid about my car all week. although i park in a private car park, a group of about 20 kids have been gathering at the top of our road and using the whole area as a late night toilet. Im just waiting for one of them to discover the car park.

You can never tell, they may just be getting p!ssed and having fun, but all it takes if for one to get over excited and you end up like your car.

Gutted for you mate, hope its not too bad to sort.

Well I got the glass sorted today. Cost me £30 for a 2nd hand screen and £80 for a mobile window fitter to fit it. Not bad for a bank holiday monday! Car looks a right mess inside though, all the trims missing around the tailgate and there's still glass everywhere....best get hoovering!

If that happened to me i'm not embarrased to say I would cry :(

So glad I live in a town where this kind of hardly ever (never AFAIK) happens, plus my baby is garaged...(touch huge bit of wood). :)

I wish I had a garage :( The Corrado lives in the street outside my house, it was parked at my girlfriends parents house which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere!

I'm wondering about selling up and getting another Golf...at least sourcing bits is cheaper and less traumatic! I didn't like all the long sigh's and sucking teeth I got when I phoned around after the glass! Someone talk me out of it :p

suppose I should get the 1600 CL i bought for £50 roadworthy! I must say I do love the Corrado, just the scary prices of parts puts the fear of god up me!

Gutted for you but pleased to hear you have got it fixed so quickly... hope thats all the bafd luck your due for '06 8)

Where abouts in the West Midlands you live Paul B - its a sad fact we seem to have more than our fair share of chavs and losers around here :(

not a nice thing to come home to after a night on the ale, hope you get it sorted mate.

seems new years is all the incentive some people need for a spot of vandalisam, locally around 100 people had their tyres slashed in a supposedly quiet area. :(

Where abouts in the West Midlands you live Paul B - its a sad fact we seem to have more than our fair share of chavs and losers around here :(

I live just south of Wolverhampton but the car was in the countryside just outside Stoke at the time.

Car looks tidy again now, didn't have chance to hoover the rest of the glass up for a couple of days. Now she's all clean and tidy :)