Sign in to follow this  
kenc

centre console

Centre console surrounding the handbrake, has broke and does not sit right when the handbrake is up or down. The trim seems to sit up about 1cm or so.

Any solutuions as to what has caused this people ?

The lugs that are there to hold the thing down are really brittle plastic and puny, they may have broken off, 3 out of 4 of mine have!

it's incredible what a little velcro can fix! :) As said, try to remount it, and if that's not helping, look if there are any lugs left.

the little flapper bit on my handbrake i used an elastic band to hold it on and the other large bit of trim i've had to screw down with 4 small screw to hold it in place.did the job and looks neat and tidy.

what about the plastic strip that runs along the top of the steering colum just behind the hazard light switch. mine is well lose, any bumps and it rattles. Any ideas, btw what is it?

Its not just a strip, that part goes all the way round the instruments, it should have several screw fixings, are they all tight/present. Two of mine are broken which causes rattling, I'm going to get another one and felt line it before it goes back!

Think we're now talking about two things. Originally we were on the big bit of trim around the handbrake which springs up and mis-aligns with the gearstick trim. Then we went onto something around the steering column :?: