Sign in to follow this  
Takoon

what is this and should it be leaking oil?

Hi

Nicked this picture off Andi on the carbon filter threadim000946.jpg

The round black plastic thing with two pipes going into each side with bulldog clips is always covered in oil, is this good or bad?

cheers

Alex

Bad! Must have a split/broken seal somewhere :? Replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Just in case you're gonna get a new one, you can't buy it on it's own. It comes with the large tube (on the left of the pic) that fits between the air box and throttle body, and the smaller connecting hoses. It took ages for VW to work this out, as there aren't any pics of it on their crappy computers! They ordered several wrong parts before finally working it out :roll: .

Only takes about 5 mins remove/fit. Was around £60 from memory.

HTH

Go to a Ford dealer and ask for the part from a Galaxy VR6. It costs less than £20.

As previously mentioned, VW only sell it with all the bits of plumbing it attaches too at a cost of ~£140.

Found the invoice:

part no:3A0129615

part description: hose complete with valve

price: £63.71 (inc VAT)

HTH :D

Cheers Andy

What is it?

and why is oil coming out of it?

Is it easy to replace (me of no mechanical expertise!!) :shock:

cheers

Alex

Hi

Just had to change this WHOLE part myself. Got it with the Corrado club discount and bougt it for £56 all in from the stealer.

It is an oil breather and mine was leaking oil and hissing. Apparently with the hose split there was no backpressure on the sump.

Nick

Alex, it's really easy to remove and replace- if I can do it, anyone can! Just undo the necessary jubilee clips, unplug the sensor, and pull the hoses of carefully. Reverse the process to fit the new part :D - took 5-10 mins.

Like Nick said, it's a breather pipe and the disc shaped thing is a valve. Apparently can cause idling probs if damaged, although didn't seem to affect mine.

HTH

Go to a Ford dealer and ask for the part from a Galaxy VR6. It costs less than £20.

As previously mentioned, VW only sell it with all the bits of plumbing it attaches too at a cost of ~£140.

Do you have the Ford part no. or will they know what it is?

Just found out today that the pipe on mine has completely split off the valve thingy. :shock:

***Found It***

My original C. VR6 part number was 021 129 101a mho (described as

pressure regulator. discon 1996, on ETKA)

The ford part itself is stamped 7mo 128 101 mho

The Ford part number is 7364573

The pipe split from the valve on mine too- mine cost £70.78 from VW in Southend - all I wanted was the small bits (removable at spring clips) but I had to get the whole lot! It would have been nice to know about the Galaxy bits at the time as I work next door to a Ford Dealership!

Do you have the Ford part no. or will they know what it is?

Just found out today that the pipe on mine has completely split off the valve thingy. :shock:

***Found It***

My original C. VR6 part number was 021 129 101a mho (described as

pressure regulator. discon 1996, on ETKA)

The ford part itself is stamped 7mo 128 101 mho

The Ford part number is 7364573

[/quote:82736]

Just picked the part up and fitted it, £20.06, car immediatly feels a lot smoother at idle and low revs. :D

almost a whole year since this thread was active, but the search facility has resurected it!! that and the fact mine broke dring the schrick fitting and is now superglued together...

just thought i'd bring it back so other newer members can see it and not have to pay out £60 odd for the whole lot.

I recently replaced mine with a Galaxy one as mine split and the cars been idleing at about 500 and stalling alot.

Any ideas ?

Thnx in Advance

What should the symptoms be if this thing splits in half? Should I notice the difference tomorrow when I fit the new one?

I have ordered the Ford Galaxy one today - they cost £21.07 now.

Part arrived and fitted.

Any coincidence that the other number written on the bag was:

VENTIL

95VW 6769 AA

...the 95VW bit seems an incredible coincidence to me anyway.

What other Ford VR6 parts fit straight to the VW engine?

Did ford ever use the 2.9?

I would imagine most of the pipework and ancillaries are the same, but I may be wrong.

And no, the VR was only used in the Galaxy, in the slighly less meaty 2.8 form.

Glad i came across this thread in the archives, found mine completely split. Called Ford up, 30mins and £20 lighter im ready to fit.

Bu$$er paid 90 quid last weekend! Including an air filter. Still have rough idle problems too :o(

Off to Star Performance to sort it out.

Wish I had spotted this thread earlier!