Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

What other cars are Corrado wing mirrors fitted on?

I know they are fitted to variuos TVRs, but which models?

Been looking around on Google images and Tuscan wing mirrors appear to be from a Corrado.

I'm planning on buying a pair of new mirror glasses for my C, and have been quoted less by TVR for Tuscan heated mirrors than VW quote for them.

Also it is a damn good excuse to have a look around a TVR showroom. :)

I believe the Maclaren F1 had the corrado wing mirrors on it!

Nice that it's only performance cars that seem to have them.

Unlike the old lotus esprit that had door handles from a Morris Marina!!

Phil, out of interest, what have you been quoted for the mirror glass? My drivers side could do with replacement.

I believe the Maclaren F1 had the corrado wing mirrors on it!

Im assuming Mclaren will probably be as expensive as VW.

Phil, out of interest, what have you been quoted for the mirror glass? My drivers side could do with replacement.

£29 each, compared to £44 each from VW. That is for TVR Tuscan mirrors, which I am pretty sure are the same.

Oooh are the TVR ones curved and tinted like the ones you can order from the US/Canada

Not as far as I know, I'm guessing they will be plain flat ones as fitted by VW, but I may be wrong.

Well I am only assuming, I could be wrong. I'll let you know when I find out more.

That'd be cool, I hate the mirrors on the Corrado, without any doubt, the worst feature of the car, for me. Dangerous. I've never come across a car with blindspots so big that you can lose an articulated lorry in them....easily.

Oooo, this could be interesting as my mirrors have replacement glass stuck on and don't demist very well - and I begrudge paying £44 each for two replacements!

That'd be cool, I hate the mirrors on the Corrado, without any doubt, the worst feature of the car, for me. Dangerous. I've never come across a car with blindspots so big that you can lose an articulated lorry in them....easily.

You could just get some of those stick-on blind spot mirrors?

If the TVR mirrors are tinted and curved then I'm definately having some, local TVR dealer's on the way to work as well ... which is nice.

You could just get some of those stick-on blind spot mirrors?If the TVR mirrors are tinted and curved then I'm definately having some, local TVR dealer's on the way to work as well ... which is nice.

I've got some of them, but they are so small that you can never get things 100%. You have to check the normal mirror for distant objects and the blindspot mirror for close objects by which time the car in front has slammed on its brakes... maybe...Its just not ideal and it really lets the car down imo. Whenever I drive another car it feels so much easier just because I know whats around me. I would happily pay any cost to get the visibility sorted on my Corrado. I wouldn't care if the TVR ones were £200 each, it'd be worth it.

Cool - let us know how you get on because mine are starting to delaminate a bit and it'd be good to get some curvy ones :)

Has anyone got a photo of the rear of a Corrado wing mirror they could post up before tomorrow morning. All being well I plan to pay the dealers a visit tomorrow before 12 which is when their parts dept closes.

Here's a picture from my old work of my old valver and a TVR that parked outside one day. Guy caught me looking and had a super smug look on his face - was gonna tell him I was just admiring his mirrors! :p

Right, I got them from TVR today. They were £29.40 each + VAT, totalling £69.10 inc VAT for the pair.

They are genuine VW ones with identical part numbers etc to the originals which I took off.

The parts man told me I was lucky as they were clearing out old stock which was slow to shift, he says they are normaly £50 each.

For anyone who wants some, I would recommend giving your local TVR dealers a call, and seeing what they can do.

i wonder how much the housings are as they must come equipped with this also -

TVR Touch Sensitive Wing Mirror

Capacitive Switching (patented) with self calibrating sensors giving the benefits of self contained product housed in mirror, eliminates the need to move existing internal components. The sensors and components are on a flexible circuit inside the mirror, a hand placed on the mirror opens the car door.

haha, I wonder how much mclaren would charge for a new wing mirror ;) I'd guess about as much as vag does, they're all thieves, right?

Are the mirror housing units sealed on the TVR's? Or do they have the black plastic, same as the C?

They are Corrado ones, some have the black plastic band colour coded though.

Not sure about the touch sensitive wing mirror, do they do that on TVRs with Corrado mirrors?

I thought phoning Mclaren would be a bit of a piss take, although it would be interesting to see what they say. It would be funny if they were cheapest and got loads of orders for Mclaren F1 mirrors.

i wonder how much the housings are as they must come equipped with this also -

TVR Touch Sensitive Wing Mirror

Capacitive Switching (patented) with self calibrating sensors giving the benefits of self contained product housed in mirror, eliminates the need to move existing internal components. The sensors and components are on a flexible circuit inside the mirror, a hand placed on the mirror opens the car door.

Ummmm, on my mates T350, it's just a button under the mirror housing that opens the door, not the mirror itself. Or have I misunderstood?