Sign in to follow this  
4stud

Amazing what a good wax can do

c.jpg

cc.jpg

I cant believe how different my car looks after a good clean. Love posin in it when it looks this clean! Cant keep my eyes off them shop window reflections.

yeh too rite if i havent got much time when i wash her i so notice when she not waxed also she gets dirtier about 5x quicker your C's looking mighty fine thou really like wheels nice one! andy

p.s get some turtle spray on wax i got some for xmas its well good for just being quick so when rushed i use that now and just literally wipe it off then i have a proper tub off wax to do it properly!

Looking very shiny, I'm very impressed with Zymol wax, and it makes the car smell like Banana milkshake.

When I last waxed mine my next door neighbour, who has about 1000 different types of wax to polish his Harley, came over and asked what the hell I was polishing my car with.

The Zymol stuff does do a great job - even the cheaper 'Cleaner Wax' one they sell in Halfords which is what I use - always brings the car up a treat! :)

Only problem I find when polishing is looking at all the white undercoat shinning through the paint when stones have hit the car :(

Think this is probably the most expensive car wax you can but though..

Divine

Each year the Swissol factory blend for a very limited number of collectors and enthusiasts a wax of most exceptional quality containing over 60% by volume of ultra pure Brazilian white carnauba. It is made to order and is specifically formulated to meet the paint system of individual cars.

£ 1,280.00

Think this is probably the most expensive car wax you can but though..

Divine

Each year the Swissol factory blend for a very limited number of collectors and enthusiasts a wax of most exceptional quality containing over 60% by volume of ultra pure Brazilian white carnauba. It is made to order and is specifically formulated to meet the paint system of individual cars.

£ 1,280.00

I think Zymol do one nearly twice as much as that! But when you can afford a Ferrari et al, what's a grand on wax? Which will no doubt be applied by your butler/maintenance guy anyway! :-)

Pretty sure they had that expensive wax on top gear? It was edible, JC tried it and didn't like it... tasted like car wax apparantly!

Anyway, mighty fine job on your car there 4stud, might have a go myself at the weekend

I usually use Auto Glym, it tends not to leave as much dust as Turtle Wax. I find Turtle Wax smears when you wipe it off too. I thought that spray on Turtle Wax took twice as long when i used it but worked better than the normal wax.

Dont you guys always wax after washing then? I can never just wash it. it has to be the full works.

I thought to many aplications of wax would dull the paintwork. so tend to just chammois down and leave it at that for a regular wash.

Personally I dont rate the autoglym caus if it gets on trim its is a pig to get out. Meguires Tech wax all the way for me.

Wax after every wash? Hell no! Washing it is a (rare) chore in itself!!

That's why I went for Swissol because it beads water for 12 months, perfect for serial car wash haters like me.....

I usually use Auto Glym, it tends not to leave as much dust as Turtle Wax. I find Turtle Wax smears when you wipe it off too. I thought that spray on Turtle Wax took twice as long when i used it but worked better than the normal wax.

Dont you guys always wax after washing then? I can never just wash it. it has to be the full works.

I just don't have the time for that!

Seeing your motor has made me think that i'd like to give the old Golf a good going over with the Zymol this weekend though.. not done it since winter got a grip so i'm sure it'd benefit from it!

I usually wax after wash but I only wash once every month or two... or is that quite often?!

I'm cleaning out my interior today mainly because I just bought a little vacuum especially for it.

Once every month or 2? I do mine every week or maybe twice a week in the summer cause i'm sad. Cant stand having a dirty car.

4stud, Do you want to wash my car? I hate washing cars, which is a shame because I love it when my car is clean and shiny.

I would rather be lying underneath it fixing something than scrubing dirt off, only for it to get dirty again.

I use AutoGlym, used itfor the first time I ever polished about a few weeks ago, and the car still looks good now, ( probably because it aint moving! )

Phil, I'll clean it if you get under mine and sort a few things. The hot rod lives in the garage and i dont like working outside on cars in this wether.

Phil, I'll clean it if you get under mine and sort a few things. The hot rod lives in the garage and i dont like working outside on cars in this wether.

I'll sort a few things for the use of your hot rod.