Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

Spraying front spoiler

mine is that nice worn black/grey colour and was thinking of having it sprayed black so it looks the nice deep colour ie when its wet.

anyone had this done or did it themselves?

it'll crack mate, the best thing i've found is to take it off and polish it with black shoe polish (cheaper and lasts a hell of a lot longer than back to black)

:-)

Mine is colour coded and tbh it's a total nightmare... the suface needs to be smooted and covered in undercoat and then spayed body colour - this means as soo as it catches the paint cracks and comes off in chunks :roll:

I suppose it would work ok if you just spray it black with a spray can...

Best paint to spray it with is Plasticoat ......available from any good hardware store.

It's an enamel based paint specially for plastics and metals....available in a wide variety of funky colours.....including black.

I once sparayed some alloys in the chrome spray they do and 4 years on they still look like new.

was gonna spray mine matt black when i did my headlight surrounds,but i never realised how badly split it was,reckon i'll be better gettin a new one

I sprayed mine wth two coats of under coat and then three coats of satin black, Looked good for about 6 months then it got realy stone chiped and annoyed me so had to get a new one.

I got mine color coded, haven't noticed any major blemishes yet, and I think the paint is about three years old. 90mm spoiler.

How much is a new 90mm spoiler from the stealers? Or does anyone have one for sale?

btt btw, while im roflmao and lol-ing I think I'll cop a new 90mm spoiler for show use only, not for my dwi sessions. They are only £50 iirc, btw.