Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Got my a** whooped.

Just got home fronm a bit of a drive, whilst out cruising at about 80 was passed by a clio. Thought might give it a go so waited till was on a steepish hill and passed him, saw it was a clio sport and thought to myself that seemed too easy. He followed me at about a ton for another mile or so and then just took me as if I was on a sunday drive.

Not fair need more horses :mad:

What are they running cause I was at about a ton ten when he passed and I might have as well been doing 50 :oops:

If it was a Clio Sport 182 they have 182bhp (funny, that!) and are proper quick, on account of weighing about as much as a fart in the wind...

haha you got wasted by a french bucket....

their pretty quick mate.. dont worry about it.

i am not sure you would keep up even with a chip and pulley??

Their advantage is their weight, something the corrado doesnt have in its favour...

He drives a clio.

Not this again. Credit where credit is due. The Clio 182 is a fantastic car, and aside from some of the usual french quirks, is surprisingly fast, very agile, and a very good looking car. This car doesn't deserve to fall under the usual badge snobbery routine IMHO.

Nothing wrong with them, but they comand a bit or respect tho! Stupid French cars what happened to the stupid "Nichole-Papa?" adverts? then it went to Henery going on about Va-Va-Voom! and now they are trying to tell us that the Clio is English :nono: What is happening to the world?

He drives a clio.

Not this again. Credit where credit is due. The Clio 182 is a fantastic car, and aside from some of the usual french quirks, is surprisingly fast, very agile, and a very good looking car. This car doesn't deserve to fall under the usual badge snobbery routine IMHO.

driven one,,, and their still poo.. they make go fast but dont feel fast when yr driving.. i was jus pi55ed off abt its poor build quality and dash rattling,,, was so funny that the cup holder and indicator stalk were already broken and it was a brand new car. turn the ESP off and it jus handles like a lump of poo too

was actually relieved to get back into a rado after my renault experience

but Jim used to drive a saxo so anything's fun for him :lol:

Funny you should say that......after having my charger g-werks rebuilt and chip and pulley.....I had just finished my 500 mile running in period when a clio 182 pulled up at the side of me at some lights...wasn't bothered about a race but he pulled off tyres burning so i thought sod it ...floored it ,he had 2 car lenghs on me from the start but got right up side by side with him in no time on a mile or so stretch...up to 120 mph, i had a couple of car lenghs on him when we both had to stand on the brakes to stop at another set of lights. I was impressed how fast my G60 was as it was the first time i had given it the beans ,and i was impressed how fast the clio was....the driver gave me the thumbs up while we were waiting for the lights to change again.

i was jus pi55ed off abt its poor build quality and dash rattling, was actually relieved to get back into a rado after my renault experience

Are you seriously saying your Corrado rattles less than a brand new Clio?

Personally, i think a tastefully modded, or even bog standard, Corrado has more of a "Cool" factor than a Clio, even the 182.

Just give us your women.. Keep your cars. Then again with hairy arm pits, keep both

but Jim used to drive a saxo so anything's fun for him :lol:

Aye.. and it packed a level of reliability that the Corrado could only dream of. The irony eh?

Sorry.. just being a bit defensive as I feel i've taken more than enough stick over the Saxo over the years on this place!

I was more pointing out that it was nice to own from the point of view that every day you came out to the car, you didn't discover something new that was broken on it or needing sorted - it just worked every day and only ever needed a service in the time I owned it! My Corrado's were both very reliable indeed but they still suffered from the usual Corrado foibles at some point or other :)

No worries Jim, we've all got embarassing car's in our history!

Every time my mate got in his saxo the interior light would fall apart when he closed the door! :lol:

You get what you pay for, they are throw away cars really, I cant see there being many paxo VTR's left in 10 years with over 150k on the clock!

Amongst others....

Y reg brown Austin Metro, H reg Ford Granada, H reg Vauxhall Carlton, 5x Vauxhall Omega's, P reg Rover 400... :oops:

No worries Jim, we've all got embarassing car's in our history!

Yep! Ive had an F reg Toyota Supra (have you seen the sort of people that drive these nowadays!) and a Micra in my time!

Nowt wrong with an AX, Mine was a hoot. Scuffed wing mirrors from the crazy suspension. and they are still about dispite the rizzla thin panels.