Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

What do I do? Sell the Corrado???

Right, I just wanted some of your thoughts!

The missus and I will be moving to Cambridge in June/July, and we will not need two cars anymore, so we will be selling one of them. We have a grand plan to pay off all our debt (mostly mine from uni) within two years, so one of the cars has to go. The question is which one. You all know that I've got a Corrado 2.0l 16v K-reg 127k miles in reasonably good condition. The missus has my old Pug 306 DTurbo T-reg 103k miles. Which one do you reckon is going to be the best one to keep, given that we both love our cars. What are they both worth?

Corrado in Burgundy Pearl

2.0l 16v 127k miles

Loads of receipts since I've had it (2years)

Ported Polished head

Port matched

Magnex Stainless

Cat bypass

KR cams

Koni/H&R

9 x 16" Borbet A's

Powerflex rear bushes

New front wishbones and drop links and bottom ball joints

VR6/G60 280mm discs/calipers

Mk4 Golf rear calipers

Goodrich brake lines

Green Cotton Air filter

Grill spoiler

Debadged Grill

Brand new headlight lenses

Uprated wiring loom

Pug 306 in Diablo Red

1.9 DTurbo 3-door

103k miles

Full Pug service history

Turbo wound up

Fuel pump wound up

Pipercross air filter

Eibach Springs

Colour coded everything

Side skirts

TSW 15" Hockenhiem Alloys

modified dash with two head units

What are your thoughts?

Which one to sell........Hhhhmmmmmmmmm.......

All together now.................................................

SELL THE PUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ what he said

306's all colour coded up and lowered do look nice, and the turbo diesel always got good reviews, but come on, no contest really! ;)

But, what we are forgetting, his missus could be as in love with her pug as he is in the raddo, would it be worth the ear-ache? :lol:

What does your missus think of the Raddo? ..has she driven it?

My raddos managed to turn my wife from being someone who couldn't have cared less about what car I/she had into a raddo-head!

Perhaps you should swap cars for a week and see what you both think then?

The question really is: do you keep as your ONE car the flaky twelve-year-old expensive-to-insure liable-to-be-stolen uses-lots-of-fuel Corrado. Or the dirt-cheap-to-run dirt-cheap-to-insure reliable-as-clockwork not-worried-about-parking-it-anywhere Pug.

Head versus heart isn't it, really?

The question really is: do you keep as your ONE car the flaky twelve-year-old expensive-to-insure liable-to-be-stolen uses-lots-of-fuel Corrado. Or the dirt-cheap-to-run dirt-cheap-to-insure reliable-as-clockwork not-worried-about-parking-it-anywhere Pug.

hence why although we dont need two cars the wife and i use the volvo for everyday use, shopping leaving anywhere not worrying about it and the corrado for racing and posing :D

I'd imagine you would get more money from selling the Pug. Corrados, particularly valvers seem to be worth very little at the moment. That could be a good argument to use with your g/f to persuade her she wants to keep the Corrado.

How about this, sell both, buy a golf TDi, fuel economy without the pug 306 problem of major depreciation... (oh and they are a damn sight quicker than the pug td's)

How do you figure the Pug is depreciating? Given that it's not worth much it's not got a long way to fall!

Hmmmm, I'll play devils advocate here, mostly your debt you say? the answers in there in my opinion, its called taking resposibility for your actions.

If she sells her car to pay off your debt I see the source of a lot of rows in the future.

true, just going on the fact that a mate bought one about 2 years ago for about 3 grand, and it's now worth about 1 grand, about the same time another friend got a mk3 TDi, and the golf still seems to be of a similar price to that which he bought it for...

true, just going on the fact that a mate bought one about 2 years ago for about 3 grand, and it's now worth about 1 grand

He wuz robbed! Both times! :)

Depends on condition I would say.

chrishill makes a good point too. Looks like the Corrado has to go..!

There is another way though: sell both cars and buy a bus pass. Cambridge is a pretty small town, you don't really need a car if you live *in* Cambridge.

That's my dilema.

I'd imagine you would get more money from selling the Pug. Corrados, particularly valvers seem to be worth very little at the moment. That could be a good argument to use with your g/f to persuade her she wants to keep the Corrado.

That's what Carleena said (the missus). I don't need to persuade her, because the Corrado was originally hers, we swapped after about 1 month of having it because it stalled three times on her at junctions (problem with the Car, not her fault). She liked driving it, but she is quite small (5'4") and she struggles to reach the pedals!!

But, what we are forgetting, his missus could be as in love with her pug as he is in the raddo, would it be worth the ear-ache?

She does love the pug!

OR....

Do I sell both and buy a Mk2 Golf GTD? Or something similar that is cheaper?

I don 't obviously want to sell the raddo, but they aren't the cheapest of cars to run! I have spent quite a bit on her too, so am I just throwing money away??? What to do, what to do???? :? :? :?

chrishill makes a good point too. Looks like the Corrado has to go..!

There is another way though: sell both cars and buy a bus pass. Cambridge is a pretty small town, you don't really need a car if you live *in* Cambridge.

Milton or Waterbeach, which are only about miles out of Cambridge, so a bus pass or train pass is fine, until we want to vist the folks (Shropshire and Wiltshire) !

Why a Mk2 Golf GTD? prob better off getting a mk2 gti aren't you? might as well keep the rado then should be just as relable too....

Sell both and use public transport

Looking that way..... :( :( :(

What's my Corrado worth then?? £2000?

I'd like to think that it'd be worth a bit more than that :(

It sounds like a goodun to me.

She liked driving it, but she is quite small (5'4") and she struggles to reach the pedals!!

my missus and the previous owners missus are both 5' 0" and both reach the pedals, see over the wheel and drive it fine :?

I'd like to think that it'd be worth a bit more than that :(

It sounds like a goodun to me.

To be fair the bodywork isn't brilliant, scuffs on three of the wheel arches and bumpers (like it when I got it) and the nearside rear arch has had a repair on it that wasn't great. (not me either)

my missus and the previous owners missus are both 5' 0" and both reach the pedals, see over the wheel and drive it fine

She has to have the seat lifted up so it is pretty much tilted forward, and she doesn't feel confortable like that..... :roll:

Why a Mk2 Golf GTD? prob better off getting a mk2 gti aren't you? might as well keep the rado then should be just as relable too....

Just a thought...wanted to stay in the VW family, but have reasonable fuel economy.

I dunno really, like I said spent a bit on the C to get it right, and i'm usure if I'd be stupid to sell a car that is pretty much all running well.....

I'm slowly turning my Mrs into a rado lover. She was jealous to begin with but she loves sitting in the passenger seat now. Haven't let her drive it yet though...