Sign in to follow this  
striderwilson

95 VR6 first pics **UPDATED**

Treated my vr6 to a good clean the other day. Then swapped the oil and did a few other bits and pieces. Thought I would post a few pics as I was quite pleased with the end result.

I brought the car last summer as a second car, and was drawn to it because of its originality. It has 2 previous owners, a full VAG history, 78,000 miles and is in pretty good shape. The interior is spotless, and has the original radio, and first aid kit still in its selophane.

There’s a few bits still to do, - a slow leak on the radiator (I have a new one waiting to go in) and I’m getting the ABS pump replaced next week as there’s a fault on mine. After that I’ll make a trip to the legendary Vince and make sure it’s running really sweet.

Hope the pics come out ok.

James

25.2.06 UPDATED BELOW with pics

Looks really nice mate...I love speedlines.

and was drawn to it because of its originality

Has it been lowered slightly? I'm sure standard suspension looks alot higher than that :-P

Yes, it has been lowered.

And thats another thing I want to change. If anyone has an original set of springs / shocks in good shape I would be interested in buying them.

The worst thing about it is that it seems very low at the back. Bilstein - probably not the best kit.

very nice mate, that reminds me of my last rado.. if you want some standard suspension??? i will be changing mine over next week to some coilovers, they have been on the car for approx 6000 miles. if your intrested let me no 8)

i have a set of eibach springs on my vr and the whole car looks like it`s too low at the back, i opted to leave the eibach on the front and standard on the rear, what with the weight of the sound system presently going in i`m hoping it will even out, if not, it will have to be coilovers

striderwilson, i have a pair of brand new oe rear shocks if you're interested.

don't want much as they came with the car and i'm not going to put them on.

Thanks double-6s, but I've got the kit off kadvr6 and its just what I need - only 18 months old and looks very clean. I'm going to try and get some more pics taken now the new suspension on, the ABS is fixed, the Rad has been replaced with new, and i've cleaned the interior - it looks spot on!

4nfana_c Yours looks smart, got pics with the new bumpers?