Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Stealth Rolling Road DVD II Ideas Think Tank

Right Guys & Dolls, with the next RR day at Stealth a little over a month away Im starting to put together Ideas for the footage/bonus feature etc.

Basically I'm hoping to make the next DVD will be Duel Layer and feature length.

Full DVD menu as before, with Special features (4 Max)

Hoping to do an alternative sound track to the credits and titles etc

RR day footage will be much the same due to set up of the day,

Everyone due to run on the day will be recieving a spec sheet shortly, which I hope you will all complete and send back to me.

Anyone with any ideas please let me know.

How about some 'fly by' footage on the banbury road that runs past Stealth? Perfect road for it.

Few people ever see or hear their cars from any other angle than behind the wheel.

I spoke to my neighbour kelly who is a researcher for the BBC and also does some camera work about taking some footage of my motor out and about.

Don't know how quickly I can get it done bearing in mind I have to get the car back together this weekend and then run in and map, but if your interested in including a bit of it I won't mind!

How about some 'fly by' footage on the banbury road that runs past Stealth? Perfect road for it.

Few people ever see or hear their cars from any other angle than behind the wheel.

sounds pretty cool, i took Josh [JTG60] for a blat down there, it would be cool to hear what it sounds like on the move!

Good idea doing this thread...

I'm liking the flyby shots idea although at first I thought you meant taken from a helicopter! :shock:

More footage of Corrados being driven would be cool. It might be an interesting feature if a speedo shot could be seen too, so you can get a feel for how fast a few different spec cars are.

Oh and the turbo motorbike from fastpurple would be a good clip to include, come to think of it maybe some "off topic clips" which are paticularly interesting could be included if you have enough space.

Maybe the menu screen could be done in the same format as the forum, so its just like using the forum.

I suppose what I would like to see is a Corrado Forum DVD featuring the stealth rolling road day. Either way I'll be buying a copy.

5min interviews with the owners of the cars with the highest figures of the day for each engine type (so highest g60, highest VR, highest 1.8 valver and so on) with a set list of questions along the lines of

'show us your favorite and least favorite parts of your car'

'show us something unique'

'plans for the future' and

'one peice of sage advice for corrado owners'

not a great list of questions, just of the top of my head.

I'm liking the flyby shots idea although at first I thought you meant taken from a helicopter! :shock:

LOL! Yeah I'll just borrow my Uncles Apache :-)

And it's 'fly by' peeps, not 'drive by', so keep your Uzis in the boot :-)

And it's 'fly by' peeps, not 'drive by', so keep your Uzis in the boot

aw, you had to spoil the fun, i was going to round up a bus load of local wasters for target practice!

Henny was hangin out of my car on the way down the m6 and took some great snaps.

How about as soon as you finish your run you head outta Stealth turn right back to the roundabout and come back down to Stealth were somone with good photo skills takes a few rolling shots of the car and some drive by videos?

Shame we can't do a bit of DIY Top Gear stuff.. stick someone with a camera in the boot of my Golf and try a bit of zoom up behind, drop a cog and roar past.

Think the local constabulary wouldn't take too kindly to that sort of thing going on though I must say :(

Shame we can't do a bit of DIY Top Gear stuff.. stick someone with a camera in the boot of my Golf and try a bit of zoom up behind, drop a cog and roar past.

Think the local constabulary wouldn't take too kindly to that sort of thing going on though I must say :(

Like the sound of that Jim, you could edit the 'closing fly by' shot to be shown before/after the road run for each car.

With a bit of co-ordination on the filming side it would be nice to get the inset shots of the dyno readings as the cars run up the rollers this time.

Would also like to see the plots on all the cars as an extra feature. (If someone takes a pic of the plot Vince hands over to the owners post run it should be doable that way)

A long fly by shot of all the cars on the day in a long convoy would be awesome,(in age order to be anally retentive :wink: ) could do it coming out of stealths carpack and go left. If the camera is set a little way down the road and out in it a touch you could achieve a nice snake effect.

I'll do you an animated 3D intro\logo - PM me nearer the time!

was it you that did the once for the first one, I forgot to put it in the last one. Still got it saved.

Yeah, I just gave you a still cause it was pretty short notice.. I'll do a proper animated one this time tho.

Might be a bit limited to one Camcorder though here guys, camera is gonna be on the RR

Didn't Henny film all the runs on his digcam last time?

Didn't Henny film all the runs on his digcam last time?

I know its :offtopic1: but what has happened to Henny recently, he hardly ever posts now.