Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Bora 4motion Dilema

Got a nightmare dilema......

Found a nice bora 4mtion which I've been looking for for ages. Only done 58k miles which is good. Mint condition, red metallic which is nice. Does have cream leather interior (not as bad as I thought).

Resonably priced. If I trade my Bora TDI in I gonna get 5k which is brilliant. Only paid slighty more for it 6 months ago.

Just cant decide what to do and whether I can handle mpg of the 4motion. Drive 50 miles to work each day but its straight down the motorway.

Help me, really want to move into 4wd and this is a more sensible option than a subaru.

T.

go for it.

if your doing that many miles on the motorway, the vr will pull like a train when you need / want it too and will sit at lower revs than your tdi at any speed and i reckon once you have got over the initial 'i wanna play' feeling and settle down with your right foot, the mpg's wont be that far different!!

If i had just sold a car and had cash burning a hole in my pocket i'd buy a 4 motion.

If i had as many cars as you however including a VR6 (you love the 6 cylinders) then i'd keep the economical TDi provided it was similar milage to the 4 motion.

What about a W8 4 motion Passat. Similar size to Bora and if you spy on AutoTrader a good example with 50K miles can be bought for approx 10K. The fuel can't be that much worse than a 4 motion as its only approx 1 litre engine capacity bigger.

My bora's done 88k miles.

I do love the tdi but I really want a 4motion. Might not keep up too long. Just trying to work through my list of cars I must own!

T.

Wish I had 10k to spend. Would have to sell the vr for that too. :(

The fuel can't be that much worse than a 4 motion as its only approx 1 litre engine capacity bigger.

yep very true, although some are worse than others.

my merc is a 3.0, my corrado was a 2.0 and run for run on the motorway the merc wins hands down, round town though, i think the corrado was a bit better, not by much though.

for the past week iv had the severe discomfort of driving a brand new bmw 1 series, 1.6 and the fuel usage was f!cking crap!!!

iv had some cars the like a drink but this thing took the complete p!ss.

100 miles cost £35!!!!!!!!

My bora's done 88k miles.

I do love the tdi but I really want a 4motion. Might not keep up too long. Just trying to work through my list of cars I must own!

T.

Wish I had 10k to spend. Would have to sell the vr for that too. :(

do it!!!

my 4 motion is fantastic, I love it.

I get 23mpg average, but I can get 36mpg on a steady 70mph long run.

They are pretty good on juice once you're moving, but give that throttle a poke and it'll fly down to 9mpg!!!

I get 300 miles out of £55 no problem.

lush cars, just be aware that boras never fetch as much as golfs do so don't pay over the odds, nice to have leather, even better if it's recaro. I've been told that 4 motions without all the toys just don't sell becasue they are the sort of car that people spec everything on and expect it to be there. seen 4 mothins with cloth going for £6500, but anything up to £12K for a top of the line minter with everything!

errm i get 420 miles on £55 in my merc (3litre straight 6) and she is old skooool!!!!!!

what are you driving? VR6?

a golf v6 4 motion

I only work 5 miles away, I do a lot of short journies and I have a lead foot.

on a motorway run I can hit 380 miles between fill ups.

errm i get 420 miles on £55 in my merc (3litre straight 6) and she is old skooool!!!!!!

errm you're the one getting 100 miles on £35 from a 1.6 four pot, phats mpg is far more believable!

errm you're the one getting 100 miles on £35 from a 1.6 four pot, phats mpg is far more believable!

and you mean what?

the bm is crap? yeah i agree! or im a liar and you want proof?

do it!!!

my 4 motion is fantastic, I love it.

I get 23mpg average, but I can get 36mpg on a steady 70mph long run.

They are pretty good on juice once you're moving, but give that throttle a poke and it'll fly down to 9mpg!!!

lush cars, just be aware that boras never fetch as much as golfs do so don't pay over the odds, nice to have leather, even better if it's recaro. I've been told that 4 motions without all the toys just don't sell becasue they are the sort of car that people spec everything on and expect it to be there. seen 4 mothins with cloth going for £6500, but anything up to £12K for a top of the line minter with everything!

Must admit it doesn't have all the extras I would like but who cares. Might just have to sort it out today.

Life is too short.......very good point!

CHeers guys, you've me make up my mind. Not that it took much persuading I might add.

I'll keep you updated.

Simon

I do love the tdi but I really want a 4motion. Might not keep up too long. Just trying to work through my list of cars I must own!:(

If this is your reasons and you can afford to do that,

then do it......

The colour combination of the paint and interior sounds really nice - would like to see some pics of it once you get it 8)

and you mean what?

the bm is crap? yeah i agree! or im a liar and you want proof?

Not saying your a liar at all..chill :-) I found your mpg from the BMW gobsmacking thats all, yet you seemed amazed about Phats mpg which I didn't find that unreasonable. Just struck me as strange. Not trying to start WW3.